The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

J

Jose_Salcedo

This is a terrific series, Jose. Brilliant color, wonderful composition, great textures... really nice.
Thanks, Lloyd. I have been really surprised with the 21/1.4 Summilux lens, it is truly a gem. The contrast, resolution, lack of distortion and bookeh are outstanding. Peter Kalbe at Leica is doing a fantastic job designing - and redesigning lenses -, and I am sure that we will see new Leica lenses coming out soon, sharing most of these characteristics. Anyway, I never had so much pleasure doing photography than I am having now with the M9, and I have no regrets whatsoever about having sold my Nikon stuff - quite a bit, actually.

Lloyd

Two of the port of IJmuiden facing north to the steelworks. Happier times then, regarding the weather that is ...
First shot with a '64 90TE and the second a slighty-cropped shot with a stopped-down fast 50 ... :cool:
Thanks for viewing.
Beautiful light, and sharp as a tack images. Really best appreciated in the large size. Very nice. Thanks for sharing. :salute:

dierk

thanks again Lloyd, Steve and Endre

@Endre, I really like these cars:)

Thanks, Lloyd. I have been really surprised with the 21/1.4 Summilux lens, it is truly a gem. The contrast, resolution, lack of distortion and bookeh are outstanding. Peter Kalbe at Leica is doing a fantastic job designing - and redesigning lenses -, and I am sure that we will see new Leica lenses coming out soon, sharing most of these characteristics. Anyway, I never had so much pleasure doing photography than I am having now with the M9, and I have no regrets whatsoever about having sold my Nikon stuff - quite a bit, actually.
Exactly my feeling, but I keep my Nikon gear, I want the tilt/shift lenses and the macro and last but not least the i-TTL flash system!
I used it 2 days ago and you may see the results here in my inbox

@Endre, I have the impression, the Nokton 1.2 gets pretty soft below f/2, I try to stay above:confused: my personal impression!
But it is big value for money as well, you will like it! (it is my always on lens now)

As Jose says and according to Leica Rumors a new 35 lux is comming - and I am saving for that one already :D

Last edited:
J

Jose_Salcedo

As Jose says and according to Leica Rumors a new 35 lux is comming - and I am saving for that one already :D
@dierk I could not afford to keep both, and the Nikon stuff was becoming too heavy to take on long walks.

Great Nikon results you got! Loved the images!

Yes, new lenses will come out and will surprise us, I am sure... :)

Lloyd

A moment of tenderness by the old iron bridge. M9 + Summilux 21/1.4
This is truly priceless, Jose. It ranks as one of my all time favorite images posted on this thread.

(I really love the almost total lack of distortion from that wonderful wide angle lens, as well. Just wish I could afford one.)