The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

J

Jose_Salcedo

This is truly priceless, Jose. It ranks as one of my all time favorite images posted on this thread.

(I really love the almost total lack of distortion from that wonderful wide angle lens, as well. Just wish I could afford one.)
Thanks, Lloyd! I appreciate it. The lens is superb, yes, and that is why I had to sell my Nikon stuff... but no regrets there. With the M9, I have been rediscovering what photography is all about.

mathomas

Two of the port of IJmuiden facing north to the steelworks. Happier times then, regarding the weather that is ...
First shot with a '64 90TE and the second a slighty-cropped shot with a stopped-down fast 50 ... :cool:
Thanks for viewing.
Lots of great details to look at here. That TE is an amazing lens. I have the little Elmar-C, and even it is great (but I am replacing it with a 90mm M-Hexanon f/2.8).

mathomas

Petey (dog) pics taken with the M8 and Zeiss 35mm Biogon f/2. I hope pet pics are acceptable. At least they show the qualities of the lens, if nothing else.

Old cars picture shot with CV 50mm Nokton f/1.5.

B&W conversions done with Nik Silver Efex Pro (great software)

Lloyd

Petey (dog) pics taken with the M8 and Zeiss 35mm Biogon f/2. I hope pet pics are acceptable. At least they show the qualities of the lens, if nothing else.

Really nice. Love that car (is that a 55 Chevy?) Great processing all around.

mathomas

Really nice. Love that car (is that a 55 Chevy?) Great processing all around.
Thanks Lloyd. Yes, indeed that is a '55 Chevy. I drive past this car and its mates nearly every Saturday as I make my weekly breakfast burrito run. Finally got around to bringing the M8 with me one day.

m_driscoll

Some great photos have been posted since i last looked! Thanks everybody for sharing. Here's a couple from a brief visit to Tacoma, Washington, to pick up our daughter. This is the roof of the Museum of Glass. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/9.5; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/6.7; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Knorp

More from the NDSM shipyard (slipway).
Camera mounted to the Leica mini table-tripod, hence the low viewing point of approx. 5cm from the ground.
| elmarit 1:2.8/21mm asph |
Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Regrettably, I won't have any Amsterdam shots with the M9. It's broken--the cover glass on the sensor has cracked. I'm pretty pissed off, as it couldn't have happened at a worse time. Not only am I missing shots here in Amsterdam, but when I return to the US I am taking a week to go to Yosemite and Sequoia, and was looking foward to shooting with the M9 a lot there. I am quite irate at the moment! :cussing:

Jeff
Jeff: So sorry! What a bummer. Did it just crack spontaneously? No traumatic event? Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Congratulations on the new lens, Matt (feels like a birth in the family, somehow -- boy or girl?).
David: Thanks. Not sure which gender. But, i am enjoying the lens.

Me too! What's quite strange is that it apparently just spontaneously cracked. Two days ago it was fine, and all it did was sit in my bag in my room, and today its cracked. There appears to be a small batch of them that went out in November-December with this problem, and I appear to have been in that batch.

Jeff
Jeff: Well, that answered my earlier question.

I got mine in November :( please don't jinx me!

Here are a couple of shots from today
Thrice: Very nice. The B&W especially. The unusual angle really works.

Two of the port of IJmuiden facing north to the steelworks. Happier times then, regarding the weather that is ...
First shot with a '64 90TE and the second a slighty-cropped shot with a stopped-down fast 50 ... :cool:
Thanks for viewing.
Knorp: Nice work. Very colorful and detailed. Little work boats are very photogenic. They're like chihuahua's that think they're big dogs. And, great second series too. That's getting down!

A moment of tenderness by the old iron bridge. M9 + Summilux 21/1.4
Jose: Beautiful photograph.

Mathomas: Pet pics are always enjoyed.Good looking dog.

Graham: Nice airport shot. I'm always leery to take my camera out. A dozen TSA personnel would probably pounce on me.

Dierk/Endre/Jose: Great doors and windows and building details

Carlos: Very interesting IR photo. Nice deatil in the leaves.

Cheers, Matt.