The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Daniel: Incredible shots of the storm. The tonality makes it even more ominous.

Jeff: Thanks. I quickly grabbed the camera bag and ran out of the house with my only lens as the Nocti f/1. Probably not the best choice.

Lloyd: Thanks. See them quite a lot these days.

Endre: Thanks. As Lloyd said, the light in that photo is exquisite!

Carlos: Like the third IR the most.

Steve: All three are great; but, i keep going back to the second one. something about the lit up clock, the street light, and the bokeh background.

David: Thanks.

Cheers, Matt.
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Matt, I see you got out today (or this week-end?) down south. Lovely images. I was in Portland with my 5D, so I didn't have a chance to play with the M this week-end. Lovely to see that you did. Great sculpture park images as well!

ashwinrao1

Endre and Steve, continued excellence from both of you. I am so far behind, having been away for the past few days from the picture thread...lovely to see you guys continuing to work your magic here!

ashwinrao1

Also, to Daniel, Jeff, Dierk, and Darrell, wonderful posts and welcomes to the forum to Dierk (Darrell, I mailed your UV/IR cut filter out today, should be to you soon!).

Best,
Ashwin

ashwinrao1

And a few more from the edgier corners of Seattle:

Truth be told, many of these shots were taken at the "Free Wall" in Seattle, where Graffiti is permitted....fascinating place....the kids didn't mind me shooting them...

ashwinrao1

Wow, I believe the bridge motel was about a block from where I currently live!

Great capture, Matt. The Seattle Freewall is really close to the Krispy Kreme donuts, just south of the stadiums in Georgetown/Sodo area. It's about a block off the main drag there. I found it by happenstance (shooting down by the tracks) and discovered that it's a place for graffiti artists to express themselves without fear of any prosecution....

Alnitak

Ashwin, nice stuff. I particularly like the kid with the cell phone and the bikers, but I would like to see them in color. I'm kind of a full color guy. :D

Jeff

shtarka1

Matt & Ashwin...Thank You!

I Think The Air Molecules Allow For Better Photography In The Seattle Area :D!
You 2 Are Putting On A Show!!!:thumbs:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Mathomas, Matt, Carlos, Bart, Dierk, Kitok, Jeff, Son, Thrice, Endre, Ashwin, Endre, Lloyd and anyone else I've missed, great shots. The excellent shots just keep on coming. It's great fun to see the wide range of shots and situations that the digital Ms are being used to document.

Kurt

ashwinrao1

Thanks to everyone,
To Jeff, I may try to go back soon and produce color ones, but at times, I'm more of a monochrome kinda guy.

To Kurt, lovely shots, lovely processing. You have seriously gotten me to consider how I might be able to "afford" a Noct 0.95....I love the look I am seeing in your photos, that combo of critically sharp and buttery smooth...