The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

dierk

@Matt, Ashwin, Endre and Bart
thanks very much:)

@Matt, perfect colors, it is like looking out of the window

These are all great, Dierk, but this last one is breathtaking. :thumbup:
@Lloyd, thanks very much,
but - this is a 1:1 crop of the 18MPix!!
The problem is, it is not a real macro and you can't print it on A2 paper, as I did from my D3 pictures with a real macro lens. For real macro a RF like the M9 is just not the right tool, my opinion.:confused:

This example is from a D3 with 105mm macro at f/8 with wonderfull bouquet:
(click for a larger and sharper version)

Leica calls the Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4 a macro lens, but only with the macro adapter you get into real macro.

I posted this crop only to show, how good I could focus with the Leica RF:D

@Woody, great and creative shot from the Chrysler Building

@Bart, great agian, keep posting from that shipway

@Endre, fantastic, motiv, light and PP
(I am getting jealous for those motives:D)
the 2nd one is just WOW:thumbs:

therefore I show it again, click, to see a larger version and the whole series of Endre
(I hope you don't mind this, Endre:confused:)

Last edited:

dierk

much appreciated, Dierk!
:salute:
endre
Endre,
I spent some time at your pbase and I want to tell everybody, that I am really impressed from your creativity.
You see pictures, where nobody else would see any picture:thumbs:

A great inspiration, thanks.
I have to come back soon.

DavidE

I've been at the CTIA tradeshow in Las Vegas for the past week. I can't believe how many great photos have been posted by (takes a deep breath)... Mathomas, Matt, Carlos, Bart, Dierk, Kitok, Jeff, Son, Thrice, Endre, Ashwin, Endre, Lloyd, Jappy, CMB, Kurt, Woody, and Tofa. Holy cow, what a thread! Amazing images.

Between CTIA commitments, I tried out the 18mm on my M9, now that Leica has fixed the magenta issue. The 18mm sure is w--i--d--e.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

I've been at the CTIA tradeshow in Las Vegas for the past week. I can't believe how many great photos have been posted by (takes a deep breath)... Mathomas, Matt, Carlos, Bart, Dierk, Kitok, Jeff, Son, Thrice, Endre, Ashwin, Endre, Lloyd, Jappy, CMB, Kurt, Woody, and Tofa. Holy cow, what a thread! Amazing images.

Between CTIA commitments, I tried out the 18mm on my M9, now that Leica has fixed the magenta issue. The 18mm sure is w--i--d--e.
Wow, wow, wow!!!:bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes: David, these are absolutely fantastic!!! I can't tell you how much... honestly. Great stuff for sure. You did really nice work with that 18 on the M8, but these are well beyond that! :salute:

m_driscoll

Beautiful shot, Woody!
Osman
Woody: +1. I'm having to scroll up and down on this laptop! That little sliver's perfect. You and David keep posting superb architectural photos that have unique perspective and artistic intent.

Beautiful, Knorp. Shows the lens in its full grandeur.
Osman
Bart: +1. the reflections are very cool. Hope you have rubber boots.

m8,- Cron 50

Porsche, model type 64, 1939
Endre: Very sensuous photos. Makes me want to caress it.

Tofa: Great B&W composition. Nice balance between the dog and people on the bench.

David: Awesome! That is seriously wide. It adds a surreal quality to the obvious Vegas images and a unique view to the architectural photos.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd and Matt. I made myself shoot with the 18 the whole time I was out there. I ended up with lots of shots that didn't quite work, but some shots that are really cool. Figured it was the best way to get to know the lens on the M9.

Here are a few more.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd and Matt. I made myself shoot with the 18 the whole time I was out there. I ended up with lots of shots that didn't quite work, but some shots that are really cool. Figured it was the best way to get to know the lens on the M9.

Here are a few more.
More extra-wide goodness. I really like the light and shadows on the first two, and the all-encompassing framing on the last one really works well. Nice.

Good idea, using just the one. I do that anytime I get a new lens... on the camera it goes, and on it stays until I really feel I know it's characteristics, strengths, weaknesses, etc. :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Here are a few more.
David: Great photos. Don't see that kind of chandelier (?) often. The third shot's very nice. I like the angled view. Excellent idea to use the one lens. Extreme wide angles can really impose their character in a photo. It's a gift to be able to deal with that. You seem to have it in control. Let's see some more.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com