The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

unclearconcept: Very nice... thanks for your contributions to the thread. Looking forward to more.

Daniel: That is simply amazing. Love that lens on the M8, and it clearly performs beautifully on the M9. At least in your capable hands.

Matt: Great stuff as always. Your wide shot does nothing to mollify my lust for that 24 lux!

Woody: Same goes for your work with that marvelous lens. This latest shot is a masterwork of light and composition. Beautiful in every sense.

BTW, I agree, this is a special thread, easily one of the best I've ever seen... folks here are constantly pushing the envelop, digital M photography-wise, and as a result, it just gets better and better. I appreciate your kind words, but really, I have no official capacity. I'm just a fellow photography lover, humbled by the talent here, and inspired by the art. As I've said before, this is a mutual-inspiration association, and I'm just glad to have found it.

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd, Dierk, Jeff, Otumay, Endre, and Steve.

Don, outstanding bird shots. You have a fine eye for composition, and you're far more patient than I would be.

Roan, looks like you're really comfortable with the new lens. Excellent images.

Bart, please, bring on even more summarex madness. Your desolate object shots are terrific and inspiring (you show we don't need majestic backgrounds for great photos).

Dierk, talk about inspiring. Hey, we have pots and pans in our house, but I can’t imagine creating the images you’ve been able to come up with. Amazing!

Unclearconcept, excellent photos. I especially like the composition of the first one with the tree blooms.

Thrice, your ocean photos are superb. The colors, composition, and tone are first rate.

Matt, super forest shots. The last one is my favorite with its warm tones, flowing composition, and subtle colors.

Woody, I love your urban shots. Your mastery of conflicting angles is very close to what I hope to achieve. The most recent shot is truly outstanding.

Lloyd, you may not act in an official capacity, but you set the cordial and welcoming tone that has attracted so many fine photographers here. More than anyone else, you’ve helped make this place a community rather than just an interesting place to visit.

DavidE

Seems like I'm always climbing stairs in Vegas.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

My two Vegas assistants. I needed some help to carry the M9 up the stairs.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

dierk

thanks very much, Lloyd

So many great pictures from today, that I would like to comment, but tomorrow is more time for that.

m_driscoll

Agree Wholeheartedly!
Osman/Steve: Thanks.

FINALLY got my tracking number from B&H so I should get the M9 by Tuesday UPS gods willing. You and I are both Phase One shooters so will be curious to see what images i come up with using the Leica system. Have the 35 and 75 cron lenses so far (want the 50 lux too). I'll be posting images here shortly. Like you I wanted something high quality and very very small to carry everywhere and when hiking or walking distances. More later! Eleanor
Eleanor: Congratulations. Look forward to seeing dome photos.

unclearconcept: Very nice... thanks for your contributions to the thread. Looking forward to more.

Daniel: That is simply amazing. Love that lens on the M8, and it clearly performs beautifully on the M9. At least in your capable hands.

Matt: Great stuff as always. Your wide shot does nothing to mollify my lust for that 24 lux!

Woody: Same goes for your work with that marvelous lens. This latest shot is a masterwork of light and composition. Beautiful in every sense.
unclearconcept/Daniel/Woody: +1+1+1

Lloyd: Thanks. It's a fun lens. It's inspires me seeing Woody's and David's photos with it!

Matt, super forest shots. The last one is my favorite with its warm tones, flowing composition, and subtle colors.
David: Thanks. It was fun to get out of the city with the Leica.

Seems like I'm always climbing stairs in Vegas.

David: Nice series of stairs. I really like this one.

M8, elmarit 28

Endre: This one's very cool. Leaving any window framing out makes you look for cues. Nice tonality.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com