The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

unclearconcept

Throw in a dash of Dierk, Steve, a hint of Matt, John Black, and Thrice, a spritz of Kurt and Lloyd, a Dash of DavidE and Jeff, a smidgen of Jaap, Knorp, Roan, Osman, Unclearconcept, and a good dollop of everyone else, and I would need no other inspiration!

You guys all rock.

P.S. If I am missing any of you, it's my oversight. Just recalling all of the amazing posters here recently...just amazing
I seriously started lurking here in the weeks (really months) leading up to the arrival of my camera, you have all inspired me to look for the images around me without having to go far from home. (even though strange new locations are always a great inspiration too!)

I am so excited to just begin my participation in such a great community of folks!

shtarka1

Today's post. Grand Central Terminal. One for my icons project. I'll be exploring this further on rainy days over the next few months. M9 + 24mm lux at f1.4.

Woody....Off The Charts! Love This!
A couple to share from my archives:

All Stupendous My Friend!!!
another from my walk between work and home, 90/2.0

nice flat light on the verge of raining tonight - makes it hard to focus though :) still getting used to the RF way of things, but i love it
Whew...S W E E T!

thrice

There are too many fantastic shots here, I'd spend too long if I congratulated everyone individually, outstanding work everyone. Roan, you're right about the 35 summilux, I'd love to see how they manage to 'improve' upon that lens with a new design, the focus shift has never been a problem for me.

I received the tiny 50mm ZM C-Sonnar today, from Tony Rose @ Popflash.com, what a great guy to deal with. I'm almost embarrassed to post a leaf picture but it's just what I was able to find to shoot whilst walking the dog. I'll give the lens a workout this friday. I also got the 35mm ZM C-Biogon which I have yet to mount on the camera. The Sonnar is SO SMALL!

Wide open, my lens is optimised for f/1.5

Lloyd

There are too many fantastic shots here, I'd spend too long if I congratulated everyone individually, outstanding work everyone. Roan, you're right about the 35 summilux, I'd love to see how they manage to 'improve' upon that lens with a new design, the focus shift has never been a problem for me.

I received the tiny 50mm ZM C-Sonnar today, from Tony Rose @ Popflash.com, what a great guy to deal with. I'm almost embarrassed to post a leaf picture but it's just what I was able to find to shoot whilst walking the dog. I'll give the lens a workout this friday. I also got the 35mm ZM C-Biogon which I have yet to mount on the camera. The Sonnar is SO SMALL!

Wide open, my lens is optimised for f/1.5
Nice. That lens certainly produces impressive bokeh. Looking forward to more.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
First Matt rocks the house with some gorgeous 24lux shots and then Woody adds to the mix. Sigh, somewhere down the road adding a 21lux or 24lux would be fantastic ... but how could one be expected to choose?

Jeff, love the non-conformity of the yellow poppy.

Ashwin, you have such a sensitive eye for all that surrounds you ... especially with regard to different places and cultures. Lovely shots.

Unclear, keep shooting with the 90mm and show us the results.

Daniel, I want to see more of your excellent Aussie landscapes.

Kurt

ashwinrao1

Kurt,

First thank you for your kind words. Equally importantly, thank you for your inspired shot. They definitely have that Hopper-eque charm, a bit sad and lonely, a bit nostaglic, and filled with melancholic wonder....I can tell that the 0.95 is really a muse for you. It's amazing what you have produced image-wise in the short time that you have had it...

John Black

Another one from the other day with 75 APO @ F2. The bokeh from the lens can be very smooth. In this case the background was pretty far away, so the lens really blurred the background. Many reviews / comments say the 75 APO is redundant if you already have the 50 Lux ASPH. In my years with the 50 Lux ASPH, I ain't never seen bokeh like this from it! LOL

Don Libby

Stay away for a couple days and come back to more great images. Beautiful color and black & white images.

Here's a couple images from the Casa Grande Ruins not too far from home. I decided to go for a slightly different effect while processing these.

ashwinrao1

Hi John,
No, those specs, which I missed, are dirt on the M8 sensor....I have yet to figure how to reproduce the same look. Got lucky on this one, as I was able to expose the woman properly (well, amybe slightly underexposure), while the rest of the image was cooked uniquely....There must be a way in Photoshop, but I'd rather have fun straight out of the camera.

John Black

Had it metered "correctly", then the bright spot would be blown out, most likely in a harsh manner. It's a very delicate nuance between having a hot area gently blown (or partially blown) as in your picture, vs totally blown out and have a harsh, digital look. I've had some "accidental" shots where it worked out okay, but when I intend to do it on purpose, it becomes a chimp-fest! LOL