The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Here's 2 from my first, quick, outing with a newly acquired 50 summicron DR with eyes. I read it was safe to use on the M9 only at focus distance 3 meters or less. I got the lens mostly for film use, but also to have a semi-macro ability at 50mm on the M9. I'm very excited at the possibilities, and this really is a heck of a good lens. These two were at close to the nearest focus distance of 19 inches. best....Peter

Lloyd

Here's 2 from my first, quick, outing with a newly acquired 50 summicron DR with eyes. I read it was safe to use on the M9 only at focus distance 3 meters or less. I got the lens mostly for film use, but also to have a semi-macro ability at 50mm on the M9. I'm very excited at the possibilities, and this really is a heck of a good lens. These two were at close to the nearest focus distance of 19 inches. best....Peter
Look great, Peter. Looking forward to seeing more with that combo.

m_driscoll

Peter: Very interesting quality to the image. Have fun and share with us.

Don't know how I missed these earlier. Wonderful moody light. Really nice!
Lloyd: Thanks. I picked up that lens used (very minty) on Sunday. That first one's from my office deck. I'm also trying to get a little smoother PP. I think some of my images (especially with the 24mm lux) were over-sharpened.

Cheers, Matt.
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Hey everyone. I put up my DR shots having not been by this tread for a while. Man, so many freaking great images, just breathtaking work, really by everyone! Sorry for the lazy way out of commenting one to one, but trust me, I really mean that the work is all inspiring and beautiful. best...Peter

Lloyd

Lloyd: Thanks. I picked up that lens used (very minty) on Sunday. That first one's from my office deck. I'm also trying to get a little smoother PP. I think some of my images (especially with the 24mm lux) were over-sharpened.

Cheers, Matt.
Sorry you have to put up with that off your deck. :cool: What vintage is that 90 Elmarit? I have an older one, with I like stopped down, but honestly, at least on my M8, I'm underwhelmed by its performance wide open. I like my 90 Hexanon better at 2.8.

endre novak

@ innerimager: beautiful details, on the 1st shot especially.

@ eleanorbrown: I like the tones, very appropiate choice.

@ boymerang: good mood there.

m_driscoll

Sorry you have to put up with that off your deck. :cool: What vintage is that 90 Elmarit? I have an older one, with I like stopped down, but honestly, at least on my M8, I'm underwhelmed by its performance wide open. I like my 90 Hexanon better at 2.8.
Lloyd: Actually the second shot was also from the deck. I think my lens is a more recent one based on the serial # and built-in hood. I'm not sure that i shot anything at f/2.8? I'll try it tomorrow. My EXIF data might not be right. I didn't set the lens detection to manual with this lens identified. I'll have to check the 90 Hexanon out. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

thrice

More Sonnar funtimes, these at f/1.5. I think I should ask if I can return the aperture blades for a partial refund, as this lens is gonna live its life wide open. On M9.

thrice

Thanks Osman :)

Lovely leg Endre!

Kurt: this is a Zeiss ZM C-Sonnar, certainly not as sharp as most 50's wide open, but quite pretty none the less and sharp enough for print/web.

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

Thanks for your comments Lloyd and Matt. Think the Leica will offer me an opportunity to do some shooting that I would otherwise have not done...such as handheld low light higher iso work, etc. It will be an interesting journey! The lenses are very very sharp so I will have to modify my usual sharpening technique in Capture One. Eleanor