The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

otumay

Matt and Lloyd: Thank you very much for the encouragement.
Matt, I feel like I've been to the Pike Place Market after seeing your inspiring photos. These last two are no exception.
Eleanor, very nice shot.
Osman

unclearconcept

unclearconcept: That's a bummer! I'm glad with the latest firmware update, I can now use a USB cable to download directly to my Mac. I see myself doing exactly what you did. You'd think there would be a continuing warning?

Cheers, Matt.
Thanks Matt!

Maybe I should start using your method... and also just pay attention more carefully :) I got over my dismay and went out to shoot a few more, missed some of the better ones, but got a few to replace them! I'll try again next time!

these guys are untouched - just resized for the web.

m_driscoll

Osman: Thank you. I feel the same way about your photos of Istanbul.

Unclearconcept.: I did what you did once with my M8. I like using the cable because i have a Luigi Case that is kind of a pain to get off. The rose an the paint are great! The vertical "splits" in both images work really well with the texture and color differences.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Testing the IQ of this lens at f/2.8 during a break in today's storm. I quite like it. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/1000s @ f/2.8; ISO 80

2. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/2000s @ f/2.8; -2/3 EV; ISO 80

3. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/1000s @ f/2.8; -2/3 EV; ISO 80

shtarka1

Strolling along a crowded avenue in Istanbul, I came across a small show for children. I was lucky to have the M8 and 90 'cron at hand.
Best,
Osman

Love all the different expressions here! Great Shot Osman!

Getting to know the M9 more today at the Houston Arboretum. This was shot with the 35mm cron at f2.8. This lens is
Doing Super With The New Rig!
Here is one from Cuba
Beautiful!
A couple from today. Pike Place Market. I wanted to see what the 90mm Elmarit f/2.8 was capable of wide open; so, I shot everything at f/1.4. Lightroom 2 apparently doesn't know that. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/30s @ f/2.8; ISO 160

2. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/45s @ f/2.8; ISO 160

Contrast,Subject,IQ....Love These 2 Matt!
Testing the IQ of this lens at f/2.8 during a break in today's storm. I quite like it. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

Shallow Excellence!

Lloyd

A couple from today. Pike Place Market. I wanted to see what the 90mm Elmarit f/2.8 was capable of wide open; so, I shot everything at f/1.4. Lightroom 2 apparently doesn't know that. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.
Matt! Simply superb. No problem with your Elmarit wide open for sure. And beautiful images to boot. :thumbup:

(Impressive that you're able to shoot a 2.8 lens at 1.4. :bugeyes: You need to teach us all that technique. :D)

T

thinkfloyd

Whenever I visit this thread, I am always in awe... and inspired! Here are a couple of shots from my new (to me) VC 35/2.5 PII skopar. Wow. This is a very nice lens. And the size is perfect! (Makes me want to forego the hood!)

Lloyd

Whenever I visit this thread, I am always in awe... and inspired! Here are a couple of shots from my new (to me) VC 35/2.5 PII skopar. Wow. This is a very nice lens. And the size is perfect! (Makes me want to forego the hood!)
Very nice, Franz. Your posts are part of the inspiration too!

(That is a great little lens. I love mine!)

rayyan

Osman, lovely. I love puppeteers and you have awoken the magic in all
of us.

Regards.

Strolling along a crowded avenue in Istanbul, I came across a small show for children. I was lucky to have the M8 and 90 'cron at hand.
Best,
Osman

rayyan

Matt, I have one of these beauties. a you have shown us with your
lovely pics, this is a keeper.

Best.

2. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/2000s @ f/2.8; -2/3 EV; ISO 80

unclearconcept

Love this one, the detail on the rope makes me want to buy a rope, go stick it by the ocean, and then just look at it :p

unclearconcept

Here is one from Cuba
This is fantastic - the detail in the buildings is wonderful, but the clouds are what do it for me particularly for some reason. I always seem to lose those clouds / sky in my shots!

Maybe I'm just shooting at the wrong time of day :) Any suggestions on how to expose for that? I am going to start practicing for this look!

m_driscoll

Matt! Simply superb. No problem with your Elmarit wide open for sure. And beautiful images to boot. :thumbup:

(Impressive that you're able to shoot a 2.8 lens at 1.4. :bugeyes: You need to teach us all that technique. :D)
Lloyd: Oops! My bad. I knew it wasn't the f/4 that LR2 showed. I just overcorrected. It's the "slowest" Leica lens that i have.

Thanks. I was pleased. I don't think i need a faster 90mm.

Cheers, Matt.

otumay

Thank you for your compliments, Steve!
Matt, wonderful shots. Today I just happened to pick my 90/2 while going out. I hope at least one of my shots is as good as those.

m_driscoll

thinkfloyd: Great abstract studies! Very Pink Floyd.

Matt, these are superb. The 24mm f/1.4 must be something!

Love the BW lead into the mountains.

Regards.
rayyan: Thanks. It is an excellent lens. I need to stop myself from over-processing (David and Woody are my benchmarks).

Love this one, the detail on the rope makes me want to buy a rope, go stick it by the ocean, and then just look at it :p
unclearconcept: Thanks. That rope was beautiful. The detail that was picked up by the M9 and this lens was surprising.

Matt, I have one of these beauties. a you have shown us with your
lovely pics, this is a keeper.

Best.
rayan: Thanks. I believe it is a keeper.

Cheers, Matt.