The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

thrice

Here's one from today, sky didn't light up so I was just mucking around, the 25mm Biogon wide open. Excuse my disregard for composition.

and a crop cos everyone likes them :p

eleanorbrown

Matt especially love the image of the dog...beautifully rendered, love the out of focus areas and color. Geeezzz, there are some many great images on this forum...this has really been a learning experience for me as a new Leica user! Eleanor

Some more with the very nice Elmarit-M 90mm f/2.8. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/350s @ f/2.8; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

T

thinkfloyd

With all the awesome shots posted here, I almost feel ashamed to post a photo of a very trivial subject... :) At least it's from an M8! :D

Daniel

Very clever. Made for an intriguing shot. Now, what's the story on the foil and the cell phone?
the story behind the foil and the 3g/4g device for internet access was not as eventful as the levitating chop sticks. this one was not easy to get the humor across without much narration. if i had backed out farther then the device in the middle of the home made "satellite dish" made of a disposable aluminum pie dish would've been difficult to recognize. so i came up as close to it as possible to so that both the device and the disposable aluminum pie dish were was still recognizable.

anyway, this was a block from my studio in the bella vista neighborhood of philadelphia. there are no high rises, so there shouldn't be any reason to resort to crude methods of improving reception. yet, here you go, this house sits across from an open parking lot obviously unobstructed.

shtarka1

Here's one from today, sky didn't light up so I was just mucking around, the 25mm Biogon wide open. Excuse my disregard for composition.

and a crop cos everyone likes them :p/25Biogon_f28Crop.jpg[/IMG]
Gorgeous!
With all the awesome shots posted here, I almost feel ashamed to post a photo of a very trivial subject... :) At least it's from an M8! :D

Trivial Never Looked So Nice!
m8, cv 35 nokton

Excellent contrast, texture & lines!

Lloyd

the story behind the foil and the 3g/4g device for internet access was not as eventful as the levitating chop sticks. this one was not easy to get the humor across without much narration. if i had backed out farther then the device in the middle of the home made "satellite dish" made of a disposable aluminum pie dish would've been difficult to recognize. so i came up as close to it as possible to so that both the device and the disposable aluminum pie dish were was still recognizable.

anyway, this was a block from my studio in the bella vista neighborhood of philadelphia. there are no high rises, so there shouldn't be any reason to resort to crude methods of improving reception. yet, here you go, this house sits across from an open parking lot obviously unobstructed.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I was thinking maybe it was something that the cell user would wear to keep aliens from listening in on conversations! :D

endre novak

m8, cv 35 nokton

Budapest:

part of the Castle district

view on the Pest side of the Danube. in the center the building of the Parliament

eleanorbrown

Endre, these images are really lovely..especially like the first one...makes me want to visit Budapest. I've heard wonderful things about the city. eleanor

m8, cv 35 nokton

Budapest:

view on the Pest side of the Danube. in the center the building of the Parliament

dierk

thanks very much
Endre, Steve, Matt, Alnitak and of course Lloyd:)

@Matt, as I wrote, it is a crop!
For internet it is ok for me.
the full image from the Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4
is this

mathomas

These look great -- maybe just a touch dark for my taste (?). It's interesting -- they look wider than you'd expect for a 35mm on an M8 (I have this combo as well).

m8, cv 35 nokton

Budapest:

/QUOTE]

endre novak

These look great -- maybe just a touch dark for my taste (?). It's interesting -- they look wider than you'd expect for a 35mm on an M8 (I have this combo as well).

m8, cv 35 nokton

Budapest:

/QUOTE]

start to like this setup, think will leave it on the m8 for some time, to get used to it.
indeed, might have taken off the ND4 filter, although I do prefer slightly darker images anyway.
Thanks for your input. :salute:
Endre

Alnitak

Daniel: I love your ocean sunset shots. Such great colors.
Dierk: Great California Poppies in that shot!
Endre: Nice cityscapes. I like the composition in the first, but the overall view of the second more.

Jeff

m_driscoll

i love it! what a dog :)
unclearconcept: thanks.

Some more with the very nice Elmarit-M 90mm f/2.8. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

very nice rendering on this, and love the tones.
Endre: Thanks. That dog just lounges in the window and watches humans go by. The colors are almost "designed".

Matt,Eleanore,Jeff,Unclear....So Nice!:thumbs:
Steve: Thank you, sir.

Thrice: Nice "mucking around".

Matt especially love the image of the dog...beautifully rendered, love the out of focus areas and color. G
Eleanor: Thank you. Right place, right time, with a very good camera!

thinkfloyd: As endre noted, simple can be good. And usually harder to get right. I like the way the shadow flows into the wall.

m8, cv 35 nokton

Budapest:

Endre: These are great. I like the leading lines of the brick wall in the first and the river in the second. The PP seems very "filmlike" to me. Nice bench also.

thanks very much
Endre, Steve, Matt, Alnitak and of course Lloyd:)

@Matt, as I wrote, it is a crop!
For internet it is ok for me.
the full image from the Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4
is this
Dierk: Noted that it was a 20% crop. I like both the crop and your version just posted.

Chttp://mdriscoll.zenfolio.comheers, Matt.