The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

T

thinkfloyd

@endre,lloyd, matt: Thanks guys! You all are part of the inspiration!

I always dreamed of going to the Danube! Nice shots Endre! Dierk is making me want to shoot macro all over again (albeit with a bulky SLR and bellows setup). Matt, I prefer the b&w version (maybe it's cause I'm colorblind and colored shots rarely get to me :D) nice shot, reminds me on a 75-year-old noodle house here in Manila.

endre novak

unclearconcept: thanks.

Endre: These are great. I like the leading lines of the brick wall in the first and the river in the second. The PP seems very "filmlike" to me. Nice bench also.

glad you found it that way, Matt. "filmlike" result is the target, at the end,- for me.

rayyan

Jeffery: Is it spring already?

i could smell the freshness of the fields.
Lovely.

So, on Saturday I got out for a journey around the southern part of California's Central Valley and high Mojave to see some wildflowers. I got tons of great shots and covered 400 miles in 11 hours of driving and photographing. I'll start with some Purple Owl's Clover; all variations on a theme.

M9 + 50mm Summilux @ f/1.6:

M9 + WATE @ 16mm, f/16:

M9 + MATE @ 50mm f/22:

M9 + MATE @ 50mm f/16:

rayyan

Some more with the very nice Elmarit-M 90mm f/2.8. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/350s @ f/2.8; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/1000s @ f/2.8; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/3000s @ f/2.8; -2/3 EV; ISO 80

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, the 90mm seems to be with the right person. You handle it with aplomb.

Thanks Matt and Steve. The Leica and their amazing glass is giving me the opportunity to shoot all sorts of subject matter and to experiment. Here are some more from this afternoon using the 75 cron asph. Eleanor

Madame, the 75 cron is in my opinion one of the best M lenses. period.
and you are using it very well.

Best.

rayyan

Daniel, stunning is the only word that I can think of right now.

Regards.

Here's one from today, sky didn't light up so I was just mucking around, the 25mm Biogon wide open. Excuse my disregard for composition.

and a crop cos everyone likes them :p

PeterA

First post with my new Grey M9 ...M9 50lux ISO800 (for some grain) and a coffee the silent mode is good for close up snaps - straight out of the camera into C1 no processing nothing just a tiff ..the M9 colour is very 'real' skin tones spot on.

mathomas

Hey, that's Joseph Zbukvic, the famous/great Croation/Aussie watercolorist, on the left!

Nice shot...

First post with my new Grey M9 ...M9 50lux ISO800 (for some grain) and a coffee the silent mode is good for close up snaps - straight out of the camera into C1 no processing nothing just a tiff ..the M9 colour is very 'real' skin tones spot on.