The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Steve, Matt, Lloyd, Don, Lloyd, Osman
Thank you for the kind words.
Ashwin - great shots of South Seattle (I assume that's the smart area?). I think I like the colour best, but they're all great.
Matt - the Pugit sound shot is splendid - and the Pike Place shots - was that a friend of yours in the second shot? Or were you about to get a slap?
For a moment I couldn't think what you meant 'you can always wash your pants'. Pants means something different over here!

Eleanor - I don't think your tunnel shot is 200K too warm (unless you want to revert everything to mid grey!). If that was 6 seconds it doesn't look like you were travelling at 40mph (I hope you weren't driving as well!). As you say, the M9 makes a wonderful landscape camera.

Here is another from yesterday:

WATE at 16mm

shtarka1

Ashwin,Matt,Eleanor & Jono....It's like waking up to a Great Cup Of Coffee looking at these wonderful images this morning! Thanks for keeping the level so Inspiring!:clap:

endre novak

Almost impossible to compliment on the posts of the weekend, amazing improvements again, as usual after being away for a few days.

Just a few favs:

Jono:

WATE at 16mm[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ashwin:

Bert:

:bugeyes:

Lloyd

Ashwin: I didn't see you hanging around my house today? Great images! Both color and B&W. You've been shooting some exceptional "detail" shots lately with the X1, and now, these with the M9. The slightly "edgy" PP in the color photos reinforces the impression.

Eleanor: These are striking images. The color and composition are great in both. Did you stop in the tunnel, or is that a slight glass reflection in the lower left? The light changing in the distance really draws the eye.

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
+1 on both counts Ashwin, and +1 Eleanor. :thumbs::thumbup:

aboudd

Fresco

More from my continuing project on the monuments in Washington, D.C.
Offered is a detail shot of a fresco, a tribute to workers, from the FDR Memorial. M9/21MM Elmarit. Shot at dusk.

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

Jono wonderful landscape shot of yours too. I made a mistake on the shutter speed on the tunnel...it's wasn't 6 seconds...(that was another shot I took), this one was 1/30 sec. and not I was NOT driving!! :). Think we were going about 40 mph. through the tunnel. the other shot of the red cliffs was taken in the evening so the light was warm but again. i'm on this computer with the calibration it came with so not sure if the images I process on it are the way they should be. Eleanor

Eleanor - I don't think your tunnel shot is 200K too warm (unless you want to revert everything to mid grey!). If that was 6 seconds it doesn't look like you were travelling at 40mph (I hope you weren't driving as well!). As you say, the M9 makes a wonderful landscape camera.

Here is another from yesterday:

WATE at 16mm[/QUOTE]

aboudd

Hi Eleanor, Love the tunnel shot, but I believe you meant a 1/6 second, at six seconds the speed sign would be unintelligible and the walls a sheer blur.

eleanorbrown

Yeah, sorry, I was thinking of another shot I took at about 6 seconds. I checked the metadata and the tunnel was 1/30 sec. @ f2.8. the image below is the one I was thinking of and it is actually 8 sec. @f4 35 cron. Eleanor

Hi Eleanor, Love the tunnel shot, but I believe you meant a 1/6 second, at six seconds the speed sign would be unintelligible and the walls a sheer blur.

Lloyd

Re: Fresco

More from my continuing project on the monuments in Washington, D.C.
Offered is a detail shot of a fresco, a tribute to workers, from the FDR Memorial. M9/21MM Elmarit. Shot at dusk.
Tack sharp, wonderful detail and color. Very nice Aboudd.:thumbup: