The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

thrice

Daniel - the girl with the pink stripey background is a pretty thing . . . was she pleased with the 'what's going on' expression though?
all the best
Haha, she hasn't seen the photograph, but my honest impression is that she is off her rocker so I doubt she'll mind much. She was happy to pose for a following picture that is far less interesting :)

rayyan

What gives me the most joy to see, feel and photograph....

Just to photographically document my grandchildren is, for me, the greatest blessing and brings to us the greatest pleasure in our lives.

Regards.

m_driscoll

Matt, they were throwing empty drink cans on the road, when I took this pic. They were more embarrassed than mad. Regards.
rayyan: That explains the look!

Matt, I have not found any basis for this naming in my many visits to this part of the world.
Yes, they believe there is a place where everything is perfect...
Just like the Nordics and their Valhalla ( I shall post a pic later on this )
it might or might not exist. One thing for sure though.. it is always for the dead:eek: Nobody has returned from there with pic;) The dreams, beliefs, legends live on though. It is wonderful that they do.
Thank you.
p.s i always go ahead if a helicopter/small plane can take me there. else i bid farewell at about 4000 mts. my heart, function and courage. I am a short of both c.f with her!
Rayyan: Very well put. It does exist in every culture, doesn't it. My admiration to both you and your wife. Very impressive.

Another candid at my day job. The 50/1.5 C-Sonnar does its magic.
Thrice: Nice photo. Although she doesn't look to pleased?

This is literally one of the Nicest Flower Shot's I Have Ever Seen!:thumbs::clap:
Steve: Thank you!

I Think I Know That Cat!:D :thumbup:
Steve: Looks familiar to me too.

fine image.
Endre: Thanks.

Hi everyone - another day, another page (phew).
And so much good stuff.
...Matt - the shakey tulips are gorgeous - really wonderful, I like the self portrait as well.
all the best
Jono: thanks.

What gives me the most joy to see, feel and photograph....

Just to photographically document my grandchildren is, for me, the greatest blessing and brings to us the greatest pleasure in our lives.
Regards.
Rayyan: Beautiful photographs. Understood. I am hoping my daughter finishes Graduate School first, though.

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

T

thinkfloyd

Another candid at my day job. The 50/1.5 C-Sonnar does its magic.

I've always heard about the magic of the Sonnar... but I never really "got" it, no matter how many sample pics I peruse... until now. Lovely lovely capture! Now I want one...

rayyan

Exactly! Bravo!
Steve, my thanks.

excellent images and moments.
Thank you, endre.

rayyan: That explains the look!

Rayyan: Very well put. It does exist in every culture, doesn't it. My admiration to both you and your wife. Very impressive.

Rayyan: Beautiful photographs. Understood. I am hoping my daughter finishes Graduate School first, though.

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks a lot Matt for your time.

Regards.

aboudd

Old enough to remember "His Masters Voice" ?

RCA Victor used an image of a dog listening to a record on a Victrola - yes Virginia, music used to be on records, not i-pods. Ask your grandfather what a record was.

Anyway, while photographing the sculptures at the FDR Memorial, I came across this one of a man listening to one of the president's fireside chats.
M9 on tripod, 28mm Elmarit. 1/15 @ f13, ISO 400

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Re: Old enough to remember "His Masters Voice" ?

RCA Victor used an image of a dog listening to a record on a Victrola - yes Virginia, music used to be on records, not i-pods. Ask your grandfather what a record was.

Anyway, while photographing the sculptures at the FDR Memorial, I came across this one of a man listening to one of the president's fireside chats.
M9 on tripod, 28mm Elmarit. 1/15 @ f13, ISO 400
For those of us who were alive during this period and remember the FDR chats, this is very poignant.

woody

Lloyd

Hello everyone. I've been very busy the past few days, and it shows no sign of letting up for a few more. The past couple of pages here are full of wonder... such beautiful, creative photography by you all. I can't begin to go back and comment individually for fear of missing someone. But I've not seen anything that didn't simply amaze.

Thank you for sharing your talent and inspiration.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
:clap: To Everyone - Lot's of fabulous images as usual! :clap:

Here is one from the M8 with 5cm/1.5 Summarit.

otumay

:clap: To Everyone - Lot's of fabulous images as usual! :clap:

Here is one from the M8 with 5cm/1.5 Summarit.

I agree with you, fantastic images all around and this shot of yours is a very good example: So fine, so subtle.
Osman