The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

JWW

Thanks to all for your kind comments. I'm sending the Nocti in to get a slight backfocus adjusted so will post more when I get it back.

Jan

roanjoh

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

I can't keep up with this thread!!! But absolutely wonderful diversity of work from everyone.

Jan - I am loving the colors and subject separation from that lens. Wonderful.

Woody - That very bright orange on that Chrysler shot makes the whole scene magical!! Good capture.

Osman - funny story and a surreal capture!! I actually like the fact that the Burberry scarf is front center :)

DAniel - you are making these Zeiss lenses sing in your camera!! Did you do any manipulation via computer? I don't see any distortions on those shots!!! amazing!

rayyan

Now this is strange, even in Istanbul: You are walking in a nearly deserted square past ten at night, with a chilling wind blowing in from the rough sea, and you come across a daring entrepreneur displaying his shawls for sale! During the time I took my M8 and 75 'cron out and made this shot, nobody even walked past us. I guess he knows what he's doing.
Best,
Osman

Osman, what a superb shot! magnificent.

best.

rayyan

Great shots across the board!
Roan, Jan, Matt, Osmun, Haya and Woody to name the great photographers on this the 167th page.

Now for some boring shots that are more a demonstration of technical excellence (of the camera/lens) than photographic creativity. I shot some interiors for a good friend today, as their website has quite poor 'professional' interiors in my humble opinion. All ZM18 Distagon A sampling:

I'll link the pano, as the width could be inconvenient for some.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/Nephilim666/Studio8Pano_Rendered.jpg
Daniel, these are one of the best interior shots I have seen in a long long time. bar none.

regards.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Great shots across the board!
Roan, Jan, Matt, Osmun, Haya and Woody to name the great photographers on this the 167th page.

Now for some boring shots that are more a demonstration of technical excellence (of the camera/lens) than photographic creativity. I shot some interiors for a good friend today, as their website has quite poor 'professional' interiors in my humble opinion. All ZM18 Distagon A sampling:

. . . .
The Distagon looks great. Are you doing any barrel distortion correction in post? If not this lens is really outstanding in terms of freedom from linear distortion. Same question and comment on vignetting. What viewfinder are you using?

m_driscoll

Now this is strange, even in Istanbul: You are walking in a nearly deserted square past ten at night, with a chilling wind blowing in from the rough sea, and you come across a daring entrepreneur displaying his shawls for sale! During the time I took my M8 and 75 'cron out and made this shot, nobody even walked past us. I guess he knows what he's doing.
Best,
Osman

Osman: This is terrific. They're like prayer flags or war banners flapping in the wind. Great color, composition, light, and a touch of movement blur create a wonderful effect.

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Monday's post. Emblematic of the women in my life. M9 + 90mm elmarit. three frames stitched.
tuesday's post. Still stalking the Chrysler Building. M9 + 90mm elmarit.
Woody: These are both great! I need a bigger laptop screen. Your merged photos are seamless with consistent exposure and tone. The Chrysler Building is worth stalking (thankfully it isn't Trump Tower you've focused on).

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com