The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Knorp

@Jono: some stunning shots, really like that 'painterly' 75'cron: lovely background colour rendering.
@Don: never thought a desert could be that beautiful !

Well, here's more from the Viso.

Thanks for viewing.
| tele-elmar 1:4.0/135mm | bellows-2 | visoflex-3 |

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Hey Matt. Thanks for all the kind comments. The weather here the past few days has been cool and overcast. Reminds me of my prior life in Seattle awhile ago.
YamasDigital: It's rained off an on for several days, and has been unseasonably cold. Today it's in the mid-sixties and sunny. Usually that's a Seattle monday.

M8 + 35/2.5 PII
Didn't really anticipate our family walk would reach sundown, had to use ISO2500 for this shot. (Left the 50/1.2 at home).
My brother's dog "Bor"
Thinkfloyd: Great dog photo. Nice PP. Unusual looking dog.

M8 CV 2,5/35
f 1,0: Beautiful photo; Abstract and realistic both.

Well, here's more from the Viso.
Thanks for viewing.
| tele-elmar 1:4.0/135mm | bellows-2 | visoflex-3 |
Thank you Matt and here's the contraption !
Kind regards.
Knorp: These are splendid. Love the first two. Also, makes a nice landscape setup. Very cool "contraption".

Been toying with the M8 and infrared lately. Here's a modest effort. 28mm Hexanon.
Arne: Nice "toying"

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

DavidE

Thanks, Endre, Steve, Woody, Daniel, and Matt.

Jono, amazing photo with the 75 'cron. Almost a macro shot. Also, the misty electrical wires shot is wonderfully minimalistic, especially with its hint of a rainbow.

Woody, love the grayscale version of the Congregation Shaaray Tefila. Terrific contrast of shades and objects.

Daniel, amazing IR shots. You’ve got me itching to try out an IR filter.

Endre, outstanding street shot of the sculpture and passing couple.

Don, love the shots of the desert, especially the first one.

Franz, wonderful dog shot, not just because the dog is interesting, but the angle, crop, and processing bring out strangeness (and friendliness) of the little fellow.

f 1,0, really like the subtle colors and composition of your last shot.

Bart, as always, your Viso shots are truly remarkable. You have a great eye for composition.

Arne, outstanding IR shot. The composition and subject are so strong, the image doesn’t have to depend on the IR effect to be a great shot.

Matt, excellent shot of the buildings with your 24 lux. Just the kind of the shot I would be drawn to try to capture (though not likely to do as good a job as you).

YamasDigital, nice set. The first one with the waterside bench is my favorite of the group.

DavidE

More shots from last week's trip to Vegas. All using the M9 and 24 lux.

I thought the last batch was better, though these are still pretty good. It's getting hard to find new things to photograph in Vegas.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Don Libby

I just finished looking at the newest images and as usual they are great. I also want to thank you all for your kind words and inspiration. I've got to admit I really like the M9 :D

Here's a few more images from just this morning. The flowers are really begining to bloom. I've also added an image to show just what we sometimes come across when we go out here. This is just typical of the southwest...

Don

Don Libby

The end of a good day...

I thought I'd add this one as a break from the wildflowers of earlier today. I decided to go back outside after watching the clouds and came away with this one.

Don

m_driscoll

Matt: Nice use of b/w and contrast.
A day at the beach.
YamasDigital: Thanks. I like the colors and the simplicity in this one.

Yesterday's post. M9 + 135 APO-Telyt @ f3.4. three frames stitched.
Woody: Electric! the detail and the variations from the main hue make this come alive.

I thought the last batch was better, though these are still pretty good. It's getting hard to find new things to photograph in Vegas.
David: Thanks for the compliment. The quality and uniqueness of your Vegas shots have been inspiring. This one sticks out! the Jetsons? Spacely Space Sprockets cafeteria?

I just finished looking at the newest images and as usual they are great. I also want to thank you all for your kind words and inspiration. I've got to admit I really like the M9

Here's a few more images from just this morning. The flowers are really begining to bloom. I've also added an image to show just what we sometimes come across when we go out here. This is just typical of the southwest...Don
The end of a good day...
I thought I'd add this one as a break from the wildflowers of earlier today. I decided to go back outside after watching the clouds and came away with this one.Don
Don: Very nice. Like the cattle and the beautiful sunset. Classic colors with the silhouettes of the Saguaro cactus.

Thanks everybody for sharing. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

endre novak

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

splendid!

eleanorbrown

Don, you and everyone else on this forum continue to show me the incredible versatility of the digital leica and of course the fantastic leica glass. I am really liking my M9 also and that's coming from a medium format digital back shooter also. Eleanor

The end of a good day...

I thought I'd add this one as a break from the wildflowers of earlier today. I decided to go back outside after watching the clouds and came away with this one.

Don

Don Libby

Don, you and everyone else on this forum continue to show me the incredible versatility of the digital leica and of course the fantastic leica glass. I am really liking my M9 also and that's coming from a medium format digital back shooter also. Eleanor
Thanks Eleanor, I know exactly how you feel; I haven't touched the P45+ since I returned from Yosemite in February as I've wanted to fully understand the M9 and lens before i try doing anything for more than fun.

I feel the M9 was not only a wise choice but a great buy as it is quickly turning into the great companion camera I thought it would. As good as my Cambo WRS/P45+ combo is it still has a weight limiting factor as I must shoot it on tripod. The M9 on the other hand is a go anywhere system that up till last night had not been on a tripod; thus hiking will be no effort and I get to carry more water. I will admit the M9 look even smaller sitting on top of the Cube!:bugeyes:

Don