The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

On the way to Shangri La...#8

We were at 5800 meters.

Climb high..sleep low. The sun sets across the peaks of Shangri La. We can see the moon. The whole world around us takes on a majestic appearance.

A new day.. we start another climb. Rayyan has blisters on both of his feet.
He is tired. His breathing is causing him problems. We have made very slow progress. But we have reached 5910 meters. We stop after traversing behind a mini avalanche...

Rayyan wants me to continue. He and a Sherpa intend to return to where
we rested last night. Rayyan tells me I could make it to Danali. I know for myself that I can.

I look at Rayyan...then at the peaks that surround us. I can hear the guardians whisper. A little further, says the voice ..and you are there..

We have been on this journey for a long time. One month. But we started
another journey 37 years ago. The guardians have their codes; we have ours. They open the gates of Shangri La for both of us..or for neither.
One gate was never an option, and never will be.

Yes, we were close very very close. Almost touch it.

We took one last look. Rayyan glanced at me, held my hand and we started
our descent. 5910 meters down. There would be another Shangri La.
I'm having a difficult time processing all this... my head is swimming. The images are powerful, and beautiful, and had they been posted alone, I would have been impressed. The story, however, is so much, much more, and the images seem only a context in which to place the story. Yes, I beleive I now see "the answer", and the multiple layers to the answer. I feel grateful... no, blessed that you two shared this with us. My wife has been following as well, and finished reading this latest installment in tears, shared tears.

Thank you (although those words seem somehow inadequate to the feeling) for risking to share this with us. Thank you very much.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I'm having a difficult time processing all this... my head is swimming. The images are powerful, and beautiful, and had they been posted alone, I would have been impressed. The story, however, is so much, much more, and the images seem only a context in which to place the story. Yes, I beleive I now see "the answer", and the multiple layers to the answer. I feel grateful... no, blessed that you two shared this with us. My wife has been following as well, and finished reading this latest installment in tears, shared tears.

Thank you (although those words seem somehow inadequate to the feeling) for risking to share this with us. Thank you very much.
Rayyan (and beautiful wife), Lloyd put this so well...I will only add that my husband and I have been following your journey together, too. We just want to say thank you for sharing this. You two are fantastic!!!

eleanorbrown

Something totally different from the snow stuff I've sent. Drove to Historic Leadville, Colorado for lunch at Wild Bill's today and cruised around town shooting some of the historic architecture. All done with my 75 cron.
Eleanor

Hippies use Backdoor

Smoke Shop

Bicycle with Christmas Lights

and last, Pink and Purple House Danger keep out

Last edited:

Lloyd

Something totally different from the snow stuff I've sent. Drove to Historic Leadville, Colorado for lunch at Wild Bill's today and cruised around town shooting some of the historic architecture. All done with my 75 cron.
Eleanor

Hippies use Backdoor

Smoke Shop

Great stuff, Eleanor. Colorful, beautiful, and wonderfully captured.

eleanorbrown

Thanks very much Lloyd. I am having such fun with this Leica...never had one before, never thought I would ever have one, but am so glad i took the plunge! It really does render colors beautifully and of course the wonderful detail with the lenses. eleanor

Great stuff, Eleanor. Colorful, beautiful, and wonderfully captured.

m_driscoll

M8 Nocti SF24D
f1.0: Great doggie shot. I love the composition and his head turned. Is that a ball coming his way?

Eleanor

Hippies use Backdoor
Smoke Shop
Eleanor: Very colorful set. I love photos like this!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

eleanorbrown

Rayyan, it doesn't get much better than this. wonderful. Eleanor

We were at 5800 meters.

Climb high..sleep low. The sun sets across the peaks of Shangri La. We can see the moon. The whole world around us takes on a majestic appearance.

m_driscoll

:clap::clap::clap:
I'm sorry - it's cheapskate to use emoticons, but I really am impressed, and i'm not sure how to put it better
(the pictures are good too)

Rayyan (and beautiful wife), Lloyd put this so well...I will only add that my husband and I have been following your journey together, too. We just want to say thank you for sharing this. You two are fantastic!!!
Stunningly beautiful.
rayyan: Hard to say more! There's a spiritual purity about the high mountains like no other place (maybe your desert has it too?) that makes the journey worthwhile. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm sorry - it's cheapskate to use emoticons, but I really am impressed, and i'm not sure how to put it better
(the pictures are good too)

rayyan: Hard to say more! There's a spiritual purity about the high mountains like no other place (maybe your desert has it too?) that makes the journey worthwhile. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Matt

Jono, Llyod, Matt: It has been a privilege to have you along with us.

Best regards.

Ayesha/Rayyan

rayyan

Stunningly beautiful.
Rayyan, it doesn't get much better than this. wonderful. Eleanor

We were at 5800 meters.

Cindy, Don, Eleanor: To be with friends along a journey is a singular pleasure.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Ayesha/Rayyan

endre novak

Eleanor

Hippies use Backdoor

a real fav. excellent find.

woodyspedden

Eleanor

Hippies use Backdoor

Smoke Shop

Eleanor

Back in 1969 my wife and I moved to Colorado Springs for our first stint in Colorado. We both loved skiing but had no money. The only place we could remotely afford was a small ski area near Leadville called Cooper Hill. It's only claim to fame (other than being super cheap) was that it had been the site of Alpine training for WWII soldiers.

The photos brings back many wonderful memories of a time simpler.

Woody