The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

eleanorbrown

Thanks Endre, I do need to back to leadville sometime and do some more shooting there....there's some cool stuff to photograph. Eleanor

Something totally different from the snow stuff I've sent. Drove to Historic Leadville, Colorado for lunch at Wild Bill's today and cruised around town shooting some of the historic architecture. All done with my 75 cron.
Eleanor

Hippies use Backdoor

a real fav. excellent find.

eleanorbrown

Woody, you expressed that I like to show when I photograph things like this....a time simpler, not so fast paced and pressured. I have been wanting to photograph around Leadville for some time and I must go back...it is so rich in history with lots of photographic opportunities. eleanor

Eleanor

Back in 1969 my wife and I moved to Colorado Springs for our first stint in Colorado. We both loved skiing but had no money. The only place we could remotely afford was a small ski area near Leadville called Cooper Hill. It's only claim to fame (other than being super cheap) was that it had been the site of Alpine training for WWII soldiers.

The photos brings back many wonderful memories of a time simpler.

Woody

rayyan

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

M9; Zeiss 21mm f/2.8; 1/125s @ f/2.8; +1 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Excellent color and visual draw in. You and the 21mm do sing along.

Something totally different from the snow stuff I've sent. Drove to Historic Leadville, Colorado for lunch at Wild Bill's today and cruised around town shooting some of the historic architecture. All done with my 75 cron.
Eleanor

Hippies use Backdoor
Eleanor: Brilliant set. Nostalgic. As memorable as the times it depicts. I guess I would have had to use the very back door. :D

Thanks folks for sharing.

Don Libby

On the road to the Chiricahua National Monument. Found out it's a 2 1/2 hr drive from my house to the Chiricahuas. This a more of a "do" area than a "see" in that while you can see some of the rock formations from the scenic drive you really have to take the time and walk/hike out to see the good stuff. I got here mid morning and will leave sometime Thursday (staying in Willcox which is 35 miles NW).

More to come.

Don

m_driscoll

On the road to the Chiricahua National Monument. Found out it's a 2 1/2 hr drive from my house to the Chiricahuas. This a more of a "do" area than a "see" in that while you can see some of the rock formations from the scenic drive you really have to take the time and walk/hike out to see the good stuff. I got here mid morning and will leave sometime Thursday (staying in Willcox which is 35 miles NW).

More to come.

Don
Don: Nice photos. I like the color and composition in this first one. Looking forward to more!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Don Libby

Peter - I totally agree with you. I took a short 3 1/2 hr walk starting at Massai Point the kept on Ed Riggs trail then on to Inspiration Point Trail but didn't make it all the way as I was running out of water. Temps were in mid to lower 70's with some cloud coverage. The walk into the area around Toten Canyon was typical in that it was all down hill till I decided to call it quits and turned around. I start out tomorrow with the Heart of Rocks loop in mind.

Sandy & I were in the area early 2008 before we went to Alaska and stayed at Cochise Stronghold then. This entire area is much like visiting an old cliff dwelling in that you can't help but feel the presence of those who were here first.

This is the first trip I've taken carrying only the Leica M9 (okay I also have the IR but no MF). I knew I'd be walking/hiking for several miles at a time and wanted to travel as light as possible. I had my camera bag slung over my shoulder with the tri of lens, a spare battery and of course the M9; I also carried a monopod, water (not enough for what I wanted to do) as well as my sat phone (for just in case). Legs and knees ache however the shoulders feel fine which is what I expected from such a light load.

More tomorrow

Tried and (very)dirty so shower then early bed.

Don

Thanks Matt I'll post more tomorrow

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
It is a beautiful spring in Northern Wisconsin.
M8, CV 28 f/1.9 Ultron
Wolf River

Old Dam on the Wolf River at Kesheena Falls

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Been a while since I've posted here. I've been spending a lot of time getting by blog working again after it crashed last Thursday. The fix involved moving to a new directory on my server so if you've been following it the link in your "favorites" may be broken. You can click on the link below my signature to get back to the blog and refresh your favorites if you wish.

I've also started posting to the Nikon forum: I bought a D700 with a fast 50mm to deal with very poor light situations - typically events.

Here is from Monday April 19. M9+35mm cron pre asph. v4, three frame stitch.