The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

something different:

Dionysus and nymph

M8, Elmarit 28, wish I had the nokton then

Szekszárd, Hungary. Garden of county hall. Wine fountain, in working order.
Capable of yielding two different wines. Used on special occassions.
Very nice. (Just need to figure out when those "special occasions" are, and show up with a camera and a glass!:D

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I've just spent an hour reviewing this whole thread. I has me wondering - what is it these cameras give to their owners? Each and every one of them is a great photographer!! :salute::salute: I'm really honoured to be able to make my own modest contribution.

endre novak

I've just spent an hour reviewing this whole thread. I has me wondering - what is it these cameras give to their owners? Each and every one of them is a great photographer!! :salute::salute: I'm really honoured to be able to make my own modest contribution.
Valid point, feel much the same every time I return here.

ashwinrao1

Agreed with Jaap. It's an honor to be part of this community and share photos with you all.

I only apologize because I can't contribute all of the time.

@ Endre: Remarkable work. I didn't know the elmarit 28 could be used to this degree and control of depth of field. Bravo on an amazing capture.

@ Lloyd: You don't get enough thanks for commenting so often, so kindly, and so regularly. You are one of the foundations of this forum and thread, and I am deeply thankful of this

@ So many others, I can't wait to see more...keep 'em coming. I have more to share, and will do so in a few days!

m_driscoll

Matt: You make me visit your place through your photos. beautiful and
so full of life, vigor. capturing the daily moments in your unique way.
Excellent; and a treat.
Thank you for sharing.
rayyan: Thanks. That's exactly what I try to do. Occasionally with some success (IMHO),

...Matt..Super Cute 1st Shot & Processing On Flowers Are Excellent!...
Steve: Thank you!:)

Matt, I love the processing on the tulips. Vintage look works really well...
Ashwin: Thanks. Have you noticed that they're tulips everywhere here. They're becoming slightly sinister.

+1, +1, +1, +1, +1... Great stuff folks! :thumbup::thumbs::thumbs:
Lloyd: Thanks for one of those +1's!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

something different:

Dionysus and nymph

Endre: Nice B&W. These kinds of photos are a glimpse into another culture and time. Wouldn't see it in a County Hall in this country! Very cool. Cheers, Matt.

shtarka1

something different:

Dionysus and nymph

Endre, nicely shot & processed!

Lloyd

@ Lloyd: You don't get enough thanks for commenting so often, so kindly, and so regularly. You are one of the foundations of this forum and thread, and I am deeply thankful of this
Thank you Ashwin. [blush] The truth is, I come here because I am consistently inspired by the level of competency and creativity exhibited here. I can't tell you how many "WOW" moments I've had viewing the work on this forum.

What's impressive most of all is that by and large it seems to matter little what photographic tools are in use, be it Leica, Canon, Nikon, Sony, 35mm, MF, Large Format, film or digital, the level of artistic talent is astonishing, truly as good as anything I've seen anywhere. And since it cuts across brands and devices, one has to conclude that it's really the artists behind the cameras. And that, in truth, is what impresses and inspires me the most.

I'm just grateful to be able come here, where I feel like I'm among kindred spirits... from all over the world... people who I have truly come to consider my friends, without ever meeting them in person, and be welcomed, encouraged and inspired. My thanks to all of you for that!!

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I've been away for a little while ... so for all of my friends on the forum, here's a special treat ... a hunk a hunk of burnin' love. (While I was in Memphis earlier in the week I saw this gentleman and yelled out, "Hey Elvis." He didn't miss a beat and threw down this pose straight from the '69 comeback special ... minus the leather body suit, of course.)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
This has to be the most amazing thread of all time!
Ashwin, your photos from Venice are wonderful.
Endre, Jeff, Yamasdigital, Matt keep the good stuff coming.
Kurt, That is a very cool character.
Lloyd, I agree with Ashwin...your support is always appreciated. Now, how about posting some M8 pics?

shtarka1

I've been away for a little while ... so for all of my friends on the forum, here's a special treat ... a hunk a hunk of burnin' love. (While I was in Memphis earlier in the week I saw this gentleman and yelled out, "Hey Elvis." He didn't miss a beat and threw down this pose straight from the '69 comeback special ... minus the leather body suit, of course.)

Kurt, i was wondering where you were?! This Is Classic & Put A Big Smile On My Face! Welcome Back!!!

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks Cindy and Steve ... welcome back to Wisconsin, Cindy.

Here's another from Memphis ... doesn't matter if it's 3am or 6am, there are always plenty of pigeons to be found on Beale Street. ;)

Kurt

ashwinrao1

Kurt, I think I am going to call you Dr. Noctilust, for the lust that your images engender in my for that f/0.95. I continue to ponder how to get the lens, somehow, someway....some day...until then, I will continue to enjoy your captures. Elvis has left the building! Love it!

endre novak

Kurt, I think I am going to call you Dr. Noctilust, for the lust that your images engender in my for that f/0.95. I continue to ponder how to get the lens, somehow, someway....some day...until then, I will continue to enjoy your captures. Elvis has left the building! Love it!
+ 1.

Endre

m_driscoll

Thank you Ashwin. [blush] The truth is, I come here because I am consistently inspired by the level of competency and creativity exhibited here. I can't tell you how many "WOW" moments I've had viewing the work on this forum.

What's impressive most of all is that by and large it seems to matter little what photographic tools are in use, be it Leica, Canon, Nikon, Sony, 35mm, MF, Large Format, film or digital, the level of artistic talent is astonishing, truly as good as anything I've seen anywhere. And since it cuts across brands and devices, one has to conclude that it's really the artists behind the cameras. And that, in truth, is what impresses and inspires me the most.

I'm just grateful to be able come here, where I feel like I'm among kindred spirits... from all over the world... people who I have truly come to consider my friends, without ever meeting them in person, and be welcomed, encouraged and inspired. My thanks to all of you for that!!
Ashwin/Lloyd: Well said! Cheers, Matt