The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

I've been away for a little while ... so for all of my friends on the forum, here's a special treat ... a hunk a hunk of burnin' love. (While I was in Memphis earlier in the week I saw this gentleman and yelled out, "Hey Elvis." He didn't miss a beat and threw down this pose straight from the '69 comeback special ... minus the leather body suit, of course.)

Here's another from Memphis ... doesn't matter if it's 3am or 6am, there are always plenty of pigeons to be found on Beale Street. ;)
Kurt
Kurt: Excellent photos! Hey, if you look the part, you better be able to play the part. You're making wonderful use of that lens. The bokeh's pretty subtle in the second photo. Were you stopped down? Welcome back. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Thank you Ashwin. [blush] The truth is, I come here because I am consistently inspired by the level of competency and creativity exhibited here. I can't tell you how many "WOW" moments I've had viewing the work on this forum.

What's impressive most of all is that by and large it seems to matter little what photographic tools are in use, be it Leica, Canon, Nikon, Sony, 35mm, MF, Large Format, film or digital, the level of artistic talent is astonishing, truly as good as anything I've seen anywhere. And since it cuts across brands and devices, one has to conclude that it's really the artists behind the cameras. And that, in truth, is what impresses and inspires me the most.

I'm just grateful to be able come here, where I feel like I'm among kindred spirits... from all over the world... people who I have truly come to consider my friends, without ever meeting them in person, and be welcomed, encouraged and inspired. My thanks to all of you for that!!
Llyod: Thank you Ashwin. I apologize for not having acknowledged Llyod's
contributions earlier. A journey one makes alone is no journey at all. The
journey one makes with friends is what it is all about. I hope ( no, I know )
I have made a few friends along my journey.

Lloyd is at the top of that list.

Thank you Llyod. :salute:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the comment Ashwin ... it's a worthy lens to lust after. It's hard to find fault with it no matter if it is wide-open or stopped down. I'm far more of a limitation to it as a photographer than it is to me as a lens. Because of what and how I like to shoot (in addition to it being a favorite focal length), I'm using it as a do-everything lens. In my warped, shallow focus world it's a "day to night" zoom that allows me to take my camera and a single lens everywhere.

Thanks Endre, Matt and Jeff. Matt, I'm uncertain if that second image was shot wide open or not. I usually try to keep the lens dialed close to f0.95 but sometimes feel guilty about being so one-dimensional. So I occasionally try to stop down a shot or two.

Lloyd

Ashwin/Lloyd: Well said! Cheers, Matt
Thank you Matt, sincerely.

Thank you, my friend.

ashwinrao1

Holy cow, Kurt. Those images are pure magic. The setting, the way you captured them, the greyscales, everything about those images is special!

I'm like that volcano in Iceland, exploding with lens lust. Hopefully I won't ground any planes....

ashwinrao1

Daniel,
That's an amazing portrait. The eyes are spooky. Wonderful use of depth of field. Makes the background all the more mysterious to me.

Don Libby

Kurt - love Elvis, what a great image!! Also really like the feel of Beale Street.

Yayyan - Once again you impress me with the slow journey.

I need to catch up with things around here before I can comment on anything else, suffice it to say it's all impressive.

Don

Don Libby

Well I made the 8 mile hike on Wednesday and survived the experience. Had a great time and now just waiting for my calf muscles to forgive me. This is what I brought the M9 for and it worked great.

These are from the hike on Wednesday around Heart of Rocks Loop

"Old Maid" Cron 35mm f/9.5 1/250 ISO 160

"Duck on a Rock" Cron 50mm f/2.8 1/2000 ISO 160​

"Camels Head" Cron 35mm f/9.5 1/350 ISO 160​

I found this guy while taking a rest break on the way out.

"Horsey" Cron 50mm f/3.4 1/750 ISO 160​

This was taken Tuesday off Ed Riggs Trail near Massai Point

"Totem Canyon" Cron 35mm f/8 1/250 ISO 160​

Don

Last edited:

rayyan

Yayyan - Once again you impress me with the slow journey.

I need to catch up with things around here before I can comment on anything else, suffice it to say it's all impressive.

Don
Don. thank you.

Well I made the 8 mile hike on Wednesday and survived the experience. Had a great time and now just waiting for my calf muscles to forgive me. This is what I brought the M9 for and it worked great.

These are from the hike on Wednesday around Heart of Rocks Loop

"Old Maid" Cron 35mm f/9.5 1/250 ISO 160

"Duck on a Rock" Cron 50mm f/2.8 1/2000 ISO 160​

"Camels Head" Cron 35mm f/9.5 1/350 ISO 160​

I found this guy while taking a rest break on the way out.

"Horsey" Cron 50mm f/3.4 1/750 ISO 160​

This was taken Tuesday off Ed Riggs Trail near Massai Point

"Totem Canyon" Cron 35mm f/8 1/250 ISO 160​

Don
Don: these are wonderful. #2 is dynamic. Can feel the rock about to move!
beautiful and graceful panoramic shots and lovely presentation.

Regards.

shtarka1

Agree & Well Said Gentlemen!