The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

...Matt, The tulips are beautiful and I also enjoyed the Holstein photos.
Matt: Gorgeous rendition...Regards.
Matt: another lovely slice of your beautiful region. I love the La Conner angle and perspective. Film? Best.
...Matt.....Phenomenal!
...Matt, great stuff. Another slice of life that I must see...
Cindy/rayyan/Steve/Ashwin: Thank you all!

rayyan: It wasn't film; but, it does sort of have that look. Dark, cloudy day, and i refrained from "brightening" and "sharpening" it to death.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Faneuil Hall,Boston,Ma
M9. 50 Noct:)
Steve: Great set of photos! You always seem to capture the subject and get the PP just right! This is why the Noct f/1.0's a classic (in the right hands).

What's an "Allen Brother"? "Stace" takes great photos, and she's smiling. She's a music teacher? No shortage of photogs at the "LuccaBruzzi" wedding! Why are they wearing the bag hats at dick's? Big deal. I can do that trick!

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Steve: Great set of photos! You always seem to capture the subject and get the PP just right! This is why the Noct f/1.0's a classic (in the right hands).

What's an "Allen Brother"? "Stace" takes great photos, and she's smiling. She's a music teacher? No shortage of photogs at the "LuccaBruzzi" wedding! Why are they wearing the bag hats at dick's? Big deal. I can do that trick!

Cheers, Matt

The Noct is always fun to take out, but nailing focus can be a challenge. My wife will be pleased on your kind compliment about her! She hates being photographed & she's actually a 5th grade science teacher, & the musician was serenading her!
The hats at Dick's had something to do with .....well i cant remember, i had 2 drink's & im a light weight!:D
Im racking my brain with the "Allen Brother" quote? Did i say that somewhere?
Man...too much gray matter on the brain! Thanks Matt!:)

jonoslack

More lovely shots - stand outs for me have been Daniel's splendid colour series (especially the last two), and Steve's black and white street series.
But it's too hard to pick out individuals
:clap::clap: all around.

In the interim, I'd like to post a few images taken at a large immigration rally held in Milwaukee earlier in the day. No matter how you feel about the subject, it's a powerful experience to stand in the middle of the street and document the emotions of people of all ages and sizes as they pass in waves in front of you.

Kurt
Great use of DOF to isolate the intended focal point.

Jono, I like the tractor photos and I am especially curious about the reds. In my experience reds have always been a challenge for digital capture - from my Canon dSLRs to Leica's. I find that the reds tend to oversaturate and are very difficult to faithfully reproduce the correct color. How do your photos compare to the real thing?

shtarka1

More lovely shots - stand outs for me have been Daniel's splendid colour series (especially the last two), and Steve's black and white street series.
But it's too hard to pick out individuals
:clap::clap: all around.
Much Appreciated Jono!

m_driscoll

The Noct is always fun to take out, but nailing focus can be a challenge. My wife will be pleased on your kind compliment about her! She hates being photographed & she's actually a 5th grade science teacher, & the musician was serenading her!
The hats at Dick's had something to do with .....well i cant remember, i had 2 drink's & im a light weight!:D
Im racking my brain with the "Allen Brother" quote? Did i say that somewhere?
Man...too much gray matter on the brain! Thanks Matt!:)
Steve: My mother was a Fifth Grade Science teacher. Thank your wife from me for doing that! Allen brother was in the title of the image. Cheers, Matt.

PSon

Photographer is often looked at as a the storyteller but in this thread not only it contains so many stories but it also tell me the story of each one of you. Thank you for sharing them and the kinds words to encourage and support each other.
-Son

Lloyd

All I can say is WOW. I'm on the road for a couple of days, and the postings here are simply stunning. Great work all. :salute: I hope to get back to more individual comments soon. Keep 'em coming.