The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Lovely and lively thread !!! BUT....

Would it perhaps make sense NOT to include the posted images in every comment we make so we don't get a whole webpage with the repeating photographs? Just an idea ...
It probably would make sense. It's been mentioned before, but continues regardless. Sometimes, however, it does help give reference when the image commented on is some distance back in the thread.

Landscape in Normandy, France.
M9 + Color Skopar 28/3.5 at f 5.6 - 1/750sec - iso 160
Beautiful, subtle light. And elegant landscape.

rayyan

My newly married niece and her husband came home from their honeymoon over the weekend. We gathered this evening at her in-laws to watch them open their wedding presents. The women in attendance found that interesting, but I was more drawn to activities of the little ones. A few samples:

All with the M8, 50 Cron combination:

Lloyd: previous comment notwithstanding, I feel I must include these photos in my response. because they are a joy to watch.

The subjects, the lighting, the ' with love' capture and the sensitive presentation on these photos should be studied and emulated.

Excellent Lloyd. :salute:

Regards.

Lloyd

Lloyd: previous comment notwithstanding, I feel I must include these photos in my response. because they are a joy to watch.

The subjects, the lighting, the ' with love' capture and the sensitive presentation on these photos should be studied and emulated.

Excellent Lloyd. :salute:

Regards.
Rayyan: Thank you for your kind comment. I'm honored.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham: Beautiful photograph and place. You were on the shore and he's just going out?

Cheers, Matt
Matt,

Thanks Matt and everyone else for the kind comments.

I'd like to say that I was hanging above the river on a bosen's chair that I'd rigged up and set up the shot ... but I wasn't :ROTFL:

There's a spit / harbor at Hood River that extends into the river and I had a premium view into the gorge from about 8 feet up. The poor guy on the wind surfer must have fallen off and climbed back on that board 10x before he finally sailed into my photogenic scenic view where I wanted him. (I was secretly willing him to sail over and stay up as it was pretty windy).

The shot was there with the low sun, glowing sail and the scenery but every time he got where I wanted him he'd fall off or the sun would go behind a cloud. The sun was low and the contrast quite extreme so it took some work to balance the highlights against totally blocking up the shadows but I'm pleased with the final shot. It think this was 1/4000 @ f/8 @ ISO 160 which gives you some idea of the light. For my final print version I actually put some of the blacks back in for more contrast.

m_driscoll

I'm not sure if I've posted here in this thread yet, but I'm still getting a hang of the M9. Here's one of the few shots so far I actually did ok with ;)
(Tom in Mpls, meet my newborn son I've told you about!)
Panda81: Beautiful photo (and son). I really like the dark surround, the concentration of light on your son, and the bit of light from the window on the wall giving it some depth. Great B&W PP.

My newly married niece and her husband came home from their honeymoon over the weekend. We gathered this evening at her in-laws to watch them open their wedding presents. The women in attendance found that interesting, but I was more drawn to activities of the little ones. A few samples:

Lloyd: Great photos. Light and color are perfect! Hard to pick favorites, but I love #1 and # 3 (the light on the baby's very cool). Well seen with fast focusing.

Matt,
Thanks Matt and everyone else for the kind comments.
I'd like to say that I was hanging above the river on a bosen's chair that I'd rigged up and set up the shot ... but I wasn't :ROTFL:

There's a spit / harbor at Hood River that extends into the river and I had a premium view into the gorge from about 8 feet up. The poor guy on the wind surfer must have fallen off and climbed back on that board 10x before he finally sailed into my photogenic scenic view where I wanted him. (I was secretly willing him to sail over and stay up as it was pretty windy).

The shot was there with the low sun, glowing sail and the scenery but every time he got where I wanted him he'd fall off or the sun would go behind a cloud. The sun was low and the contrast quite extreme so it took some work to balance the highlights against totally blocking up the shadows but I'm pleased with the final shot. It think this was 1/4000 @ f/8 @ ISO 160 which gives you some idea of the light. For my final print version I actually put some of the blacks back in for more contrast.
Graham: Thanks for the explanation. I admire you persistence! Your PP is excellent.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

endre novak

splendid!

Bébèrt

Stunning shots Lloyd. You sure know how to let your Summicron speak more than a thousand words in each image.

ps. what's the yaer of birth of your Summicron 50?

Lloyd

Stunning shots Lloyd. You sure know how to let your Summicron speak more than a thousand words in each image.

ps. what's the yaer of birth of your Summicron 50?
Thank you Bébèrt. Much appreciated. My 50 Cron was made in 1969.

panda81

Thank you for the nice comments, everyone!

Oh my goodness, this is what I aspire to do! Capturing such beautiful moments of my family's life...the quality is outstanding!! Do you give lessons? ;)

Lloyd

Oh my goodness, this is what I aspire to do! Capturing such beautiful moments of my family's life...the quality is outstanding!! Do you give lessons? ;)
Thank you, much appreciated.

I don't give lessons, but I do get them every day, right here on GetDPI.com! :thumbup: