The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

You are right. There's a bunch of purple fringing there. This is one of the weaknesses of the lens, which seems more prone to this than the 50 lux asph r 50 cron...Then again, there are a few other variables that may or may not matter, including my processing, use of a ND filter, and highly contrasted setting. The sensor is also prone to this with certain lenses, and apparently the new Noct (and 24 lux, along with a few others) seem prone...

ashwinrao1

Thanks, by the way to Gary and Edwin. I happen to live in a great city for photography. If you haven't been to Seattle, it's worth a visit in the summer!!!

thrice

Daniel: +1, +1. Those two photos are really beautiful. I suppose a polarizer on a rangefinder is a "trial and error" process?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thankyou Matt, and everyone else.

My polarizer is just a disc of glass, I hold it up to my eye to adjust it, then slide it into the RF75 holder at the same orientation. I typically want to reduce reflections and saturate the plane along the ground, so one can mark on the edge of the filter where to align the filter to achieve that and the setting will be consistent each time you shoot.

YamasDigital

Ashwin: I think the jazz pics are excellent; the photo w/ the glasses and the bokeh of the musician is worthy of a cover shot for the club. Nice photos of Seattle. I hope to take a few later this week if I can squeeze them in. I aspire to take some like yours and Matt's.

Here is one from this weekend. Haleiwa Beach on Oahu's North Shore