The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

rayyan

Gorgeous! A great IR, Arne.:thumbup:
Arne: +1; lovely IR.

Michael: The shots looking up at the guy adds to the effect of weirdness. Understated PP is well done. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Michael: +1. Surreal; both of them.

Another photo of my favorite rose. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

M9; 135mm f/3.4; 1/1000s @ f/4.8; -1-2/3 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfollio.com
Matt: You are on to lovely flowers with some lovely shooting.

Thanks all for sharing your wonderful efforts with us.

rayyan

Hi all,
Just one from my wife's garden .
M9 Lux.50 @f8
Andre: Lovely flower presentation. Must be a glorious garden.

It is not uncommon for veteran seagulls to catch pieces of pretzels thrown from ferries. What caught my eye was a different species, competing and sometimes triumphing in this arena: Crows!
M8+50'cron.
Best,
Osman

A perfect catch, without competitors:
Going for it!
Hard to believe, but the crow won:
Osman: lovely series. Amazing with the M. Amazing who won!

Nice captured, the rainbow make the picture shine.
Pixelshooter: Thanks for the kind words.

Take care.

Double Negative

Not Available
Thanks, rayyan! :)

Interesting. Thanks for the info, Michael. "...us puritans", eh? Guess they haven't been to the movies round here, or watched much TV. Oh well.:confused:
Ya, I don't get it either... But in the grand scheme of things (at least as compared with, say, Europe) we are still "puritanical" in many ways. In the U.S. nudity is still a touchy subject that makes kids giggle. In Germany for example, nudity is nothing "shocking" like here - they even use it in ads and on TV. It's accepted, kids aren't taught that it's naughty and "F.K.K." (nude) beaches are prevalent enough. For one thing, you'll NEVER see "Tutti Frutti" on CBS! :D

---

Here's one of my favorite, recent shots with the M8 and 2,8/25 Biogon ZM. Shot at f/5.6 "on the fly" as I cruised quickly through the Maya ruin of Tik'al in Guatemala at the turn of the year. I'll have to go back and spend a little more time there - the logistics didn't allow for it this time around. I printed this at 8x10" which is matted/framed on my wall. At 100% the detail is ridiculous. Man I love this lens!

Lloyd

Ya, I don't get it either... But in the grand scheme of things (at least as compared with, say, Europe) we are still "puritanical" in many ways. In the U.S. nudity is still a touchy subject that makes kids giggle. In Germany for example, nudity is nothing "shocking" like here - they even use it in ads and on TV. It's accepted, kids aren't taught that it's naughty and "F.K.K." (nude) beaches are prevalent enough. For one thing, you'll NEVER see "Tutti Frutti" on CBS! :D

---

Here's one of my favorite, recent shots with the M8 and 2,8/25 Biogon ZM. Shot at f/5.6 "on the fly" as I cruised quickly through the Maya ruin of Tik'al in Guatemala at the turn of the year. I'll have to go back and spend a little more time there - the logistics didn't allow for it this time around. I printed this at 8x10" which is matted/framed on my wall. At 100% the detail is ridiculous. Man I love this lens!
Very nice, and great framing. I've coveted that lens for some time. One of the forum members here, Jono Slack, used to do a lot with his, when he was shooting the M8, and I was always impressed. This continues that favorable impression.

shtarka1

Michael, I Bet That Framed 8x10 Rocks! Very Nice!!!

Double Negative

Not Available
Very nice, and great framing. I've coveted that lens for some time. One of the forum members here, Jono Slack, used to do a lot with his, when he was shooting the M8, and I was always impressed. This continues that favorable impression.
Thank you! I almost walked past it, but then I saw the branches and the pyramid line up just right...

As for the lens, where to start? If I had to pick ONE lens, I would choose the 2,8/25 Biogon without hesitation. It's not the fastest lens out there, but the focal length suits me and my typical subject matter (ironically on both film and M8/digital) and it's just a damn good lens. It's so ridiculously sharp, corner to corner with all the usual "Zeissisms" in spades. One bonus is that it's about as wide as you can go (i.e. on the M8 and Ikon) that you don't need an external VF (which I don't care for) - as long as you don't wear glasses. Without a doubt it's my most-used lens and essentially my "default." I can't recommend it enough.

Thankfully, I don't have to choose just one lens - as I really like fast glass as well! ;)

Michael, I Bet That Framed 8x10 Rocks! Very Nice!!!
Thank you! Indeed, it's a beautiful print. I'll pull up the other one I printed...

Double Negative

Not Available
This is the other image from that trip I printed. This time we're at another Maya ruin, in Belize (Santa Elena/San Ignacio) called Cahal Pech. Unlike Tik'al, I had more time to crawl in and around these more "intimate" ruins. Clearly not on the same scale, but awe inspiring just the same. Shot with the VC 1,2/35 Nokton which is a little warmer than the Zeiss ZMs.

If anyone's interested, you can see many more shots from this trip (probably my favorite vacation EVER) shot almost exclusively with the M8 and more often than not, the 2,8/25 Biogon ZM - in my "Belize and Guatemala" gallery.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Very nice on a couple of levels, Woody. (Although I wish we could get the European label here... love that nymph, eh?). I like the composition, and the use of DOF, and the people in the background add to the sense that this is an actual event (which it obviously is). And the wine, well, how was it? :) (Inquiring minds want to know!) I know 1982 was considered a vintage year, and goes for about 4x the 1983 vintage. All the same, I'm guessing it's pretty good. :thumbup:
This was a remarkable evening of glamorous wines - the 83 had gotten old at this point, but there were also 82, 89 and 90 Moutons - the 82 was still fresh and full of fruit and the 89 was a knock out. The 83 was what was in front of me when I could still focus.

m_driscoll

Hi all,
Just one from my wife's garden .
M9 Lux.50 @f8
Andre: Nice colorful flower. Well composed.

From my daily blog. M9 plus 35mm Summicron:

Woody: Not your average plonk!!

Another post from my blog.

M9 + 35mm chron asph.
Yet another post. M9 + 35mm chron asph.

Woody: I really like these two for different reasons. The portrait is composed very well. I was looking at a book of HCB portraits last night and was struck by how many of them weren't the classic pose. This one has that. Part of their bodies are cut off and it's asymmetrical. More of him cut off seems to balance the difference in height. Works very well. The second because it's tight composition add to the sense of capturing a private moment.
Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

This is the other image from that trip I printed. This time we're at another Maya ruin, in Belize (Santa Elena/San Ignacio) called Cahal Pech. Unlike Tik'al, I had more time to crawl in and around these more "intimate" ruins. Clearly not on the same scale, but awe inspiring just the same. Shot with the VC 1,2/35 Nokton which is a little warmer than the Zeiss ZMs.

If anyone's interested, you can see many more shots from this trip (probably my favorite vacation EVER) shot almost exclusively with the M8 and more often than not, the 2,8/25 Biogon ZM - in my "Belize and Guatemala" gallery.
Michael: Nice photo. Your gallery's impressive in content and organization!

Cheers, Matt