The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

f 10

Le Treport / Normandie / France

first: M8 CV 2,5/35 @ 2,8
second: M8 Noctilux @ 4,0

Last edited:

rayyan

Rayran: Most healthy retinas do indeed look like that, though the pattern of blood vessels and such varies. That's why they can use retinal scans for high-security identification.

The dark spot on the left center is the macula, the highest concentration of rods and cones, where are sharpest vision is. The light area right of center is the optic nerve.

I've been nearsighted all my life, and am having the typical more rapid change that happens in middle age when the eye becomes more rigid and one's ability to focus on different distances gets less. Unfortunately, I also have the beginnings of a cataract, which is why my right eye changed more than my left. It's not an issue now, I can still be corrected to 20/20, but in 10 or 20 years, I may need cataract surgery. It makes me mad--I always wear sunglasses with UV protection, but both my parents had cataracts, so I guess it's my genes.

--Peter
Peter: Thanks for that lucid explanation. need to see what my eye looks like!

Regards.

m_driscoll

I dreamt about lakes...
and castles....
It was just a dream after all.
Rosebud...Australia...
We are keen squash players. Ayesha and me. We think we are pretty good too.
Especially her. But she had heard that Australia has the best training camps for squash. What to do?

After a very very very long flight we arrived in Melbourne. And from there to the beautiful small town ( 2 hrs drive ) of Rosebud. After a 3 weeks grueling training camp in Rosebud we went to Sydney.
Did the tours that everyone does. Ayesha was sad that she did not get to climb some Aussie hills. We asked around....What was the nearest thing that
she could climb...
Can she take heights they asked? It will be a climb of your life they told her. No, she said.How high is it she asked?
134 mts above the sea they said.
Can I do it without ropes to the top she said.
Feet...
Regards.
Rayyan: Very eclectic mix of great photos! Neuschwanstein, (or Sleeping Beauty's Castle, as we like to call it here), the Sydney Opera house and your grandchild's (?)feet. I, also, enjoy playing squash, although an Australian training camp sounds a bit harsh. No pain, no gain! If she could climb the bridge, why not mad Ludwig's folly? There is also Ayers rock; but, i believe it's sacred. You and your wife have an admirable amount of fun together! :thumbs: Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Two M9 shots from Las Vegas -- the first with the 18mm Super-Elmar, and the second with the 24 lux.
...I was wrong about the focal length on one of the images. Turns out that they were both shot with the 18mm.
Here’s another one from Vegas with the 18mm.
David: As usual, these are great! You're a virtuoso with those super wides. And, they seem to be the best way to view Vegas. Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Really nice professional portrait, Peter. Hope his results with your eyes were a positive.
Peter: +1. Coincidentally, I was at my Optometrist last week looking at a similar image of my eye!

M8 Cron 28
first: M8 CV 2,5/35 @ 2,8
second: M8 Noctilux @ 4,0
merci :)
M8 CV 2,5/35
f 1,0: Nice images. the detail and color are wonderful.

From the west coast off Denmark, a little fishermens society..
pixelshooter: Very stark, spartan photo. Probably a bit like life might be there. I like the way the eye follows the marks in the sand (from dragging boats?) to the lane between the houses. The low horizon line also works very well.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Yesterday's post to my daily blog. Carnegie Hall from Sixth Avenue. M9 + 35mm cron asph. Three frames stitched and cropped to 2x3 aspect ratio.

Woody: This is one of the nicest photos that you've posted (and they've all been good!). The detail and contrast in the PP and the contrast of Carnegie Hall and the new buildings work very well. Terrific composition ands getting the right light. :salute:

Steve: Nice catch! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Woody: This is one of the nicest photos that you've posted (and they've all been good!). The detail and contrast in the PP and the contrast of Carnegie Hall and the new buildings work very well. Terrific composition ands getting the right light. :salute:

Cheers, Matt
Yes, +1 from here.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Matt, Lloyd, F1.0, Steve and Corlan - Thanks for the encouragement. Some days I do feel that this photo a day thing is just nuts - feedback helps keep it going.