The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
My compliments to all of the great images that I've not commented on in awhile. You all keep setting the bar high.

Thanks for the latest comments f1.0, Endre, Steve and Pixelshooter ... you are very kind.

Since I'm on a child theme ... here's another. And then one on the other end of the age spectrum.

Kurt

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Agree Wholeheartedly On Both Accounts!
Steve: Thank you! Clams are probably available in Boston (at least until the oil slick arrives).

one more reason to have a noctilux :thumbup:
thanks Matt,
on the whole coast of Normandy you will find these small huts - usually they are white.
I took this 3 years ago (M8/2,8/135mm)
f 1,0: Nicely done! Love those huts.

Yes, lol, much harder. A local seafood restaurant featured them as a special once. They weren't bad, but just not the same.
:(

Been a while since I posted. Here's Lucas:

A MOOOving image. :D
and while I'm busy posting animals....

(M9, 50 Lux' ASPH)

jklotz: Nice images. I like the PP of the dog photo and the selective focus on the cow (hereford?).

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Since I'm on a child theme ... here's another. And then one on the other end of the age spectrum.

Kurt

These are simply stellar, Kurt! Polar ends. Sort of sad, isn't it. BTW, your earlier image was also awesome. You're definitely rockin' that glass!:thumbs:

m_driscoll

...Nicely done, Matt...really like the dof of this lens at f/1
Thanks to all for your comments on my Bocce ball image...much appreciated!
Bishop: Thank you! :D

Amazing how some small children can communicate with you without saying a word. Kurt
Kurt: Well seen and photgraphed! :thumbup:

Matt: While I never deceloped a taste for them, your presenation makes me go slurp!! Wonderful use of the noct....Regards.
rayyan: They really need to be fresh; so, you probably didn't grow up with them like Lloyd, and I, and probably Steve, did. My mother would give us hot clam nectar as a treat!

f 1,0: This shot tells me what a Noctilux is really like. I've been shooting seagulls with Summicrons for a considerable time now, and realize that this gem is totally different. Dreamy, but not hazy; precise but not razor-sharp...
Thank you for sharing.
Best,
Osman
f1,0: +1, what Osman said! :thumbup:

A British friend I had gone to school with in England, requested me and family to attend his daughters wedding. Caveat, he wanted me to be the family photographer, taking photographs in a conservative Moslem family.
These Photos were not for public viewing. I had known Sonia since she was 1 week old. So to England we went. Charged the hotel on Park lane to his corporate account.
This is one photo from the file that I can post.
Mt attempt to show Sonia at her home, a bride to be.
Regards.
rayyan: Quite an honor and a compliment...asking you to do something every father wants done well. I hope you had fun. The posted photo's an indication that the father should be well pleased. Certainly worth a suite at the Dorchester! :clap:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

M8, CV nokton
Endre: Beautiful photo. The framing of the cat, the selective focus, the tones, and the contented cat all work very well.

Some pics on my 30th. M8/ Nocti F1

Walkabout in the City
boymerang: Happy birthday. Fun photos of what looks like a fun party. Mt. Rainier, the Space Needle, and a cup of espresso, just like home.

My compliments to all of the great images that I've not commented on in awhile. You all keep setting the bar high.
Thanks for the latest comments f1.0, Endre, Steve and Pixelshooter ... you are very kind.
Kurt
Kurt: Nicely done. Isolated by your composition and lens,the photos are evocative in totally different ways. Great pairing of photos.

Cheers, Matt

jklotz

Matt, those cows are from my time in Colombia. From what I understand, they are used for dairy, ie milking, and not for beef, however, I don't know for sure. You'll have to pardon me, my knowledge of matters bovine is quite limited. They did make for good photographic subjects thought.

m_driscoll

Matt, those cows are from my time in Colombia. From what I understand, they are used for dairy, ie milking, and not for beef, however, I don't know for sure. You'll have to pardon me, my knowledge of matters bovine is quite limited. They did make for good photographic subjects thought.
Jklotz: Thanks anyway. As you can see, my knowledge is also quite limited. It was a nice photo.

Punchbowl, National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific Heroes All Happy Memorial Day to all!
yamasdigital: Nice photo; nice sentiment. Missed the Plumeria photo - beautiful! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Same original; two crops and the original; three different PP's. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/1000 @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/1000 @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/1000 @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Lloyd

Same original; two crops and the original; three different PP's. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
Very nice, and very interesting differences. I think it fascinating how the bokeh from the f1.0 almost appears to contain movement when viewed up close. I've certainly noticed that with mine as well.

Don Libby

I am constantly amazed at the level of images here. Please keep up the great work and thank you all for sharing your ideas and dreams.

Don