The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Very nice, and very interesting differences. I think it fascinating how the bokeh from the f1.0 almost appears to contain movement when viewed up close. I've certainly noticed that with mine as well.
Lloyd: Thank you. I see what you mean. In the first photo in the upper right it looks as if there's a motion blur. There wasn't. Also, the flower buds that are slightly our of focus have a slight halo around them (almost as if they were vibrating). It's sort of a "glamor glow" effect.

Trying to focus on a small single object can be challenging. This is stopped down to f/1.7 and the central flower (focus point) seems a bit off; although, you can count the stamens if you zoom in. It just may be the resolving power of the lens?

Wonderful shots Matt.
Yamas digital: Thanks. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Rayyan, Everything Flows & Interacts Seamlessly Here. The Fingers Gently Touching The Flowers. The Painting On The Hand. The Beautiful Robe & Outfit. It All Appears As One Gentle Entity. Nicely Shot!
Steve: Thank you as always.

+1!!! Superb, in every regard.
Lloyd: Sincerely appreciated.

rayyan: Quite an honor and a compliment...asking you to do something every father wants done well. I hope you had fun. The posted photo's an indication that the father should be well pleased. Certainly worth a suite at the Dorchester! :clap:

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Thanks. Yes and No. The reason they asked me indeed was a great honor for me. The photography part...dreaded it, still dread it. It was at the
intercon ( seven continents ! ). Dorchester..would sure have run into some people I know. ;)

Regards.

rayyan

M8, CV nokton

endre: Well captured. very well catured.

My compliments to all of the great images that I've not commented on in awhile. You all keep setting the bar high.

Thanks for the latest comments f1.0, Endre, Steve and Pixelshooter ... you are very kind.

Since I'm on a child theme ... here's another. And then one on the other end of the age spectrum.

Kurt

Kurt: Lovely hig key effect. Adds to the capture.

Amazing how some small children can communicate with you without saying a word.

Kurt

Kurt: This one is attitude squared!! Wait till he grow up.

rayyan

Same original; two crops and the original; three different PP's. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/1000 @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/1000 @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/1000 @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Matt: beautiful photography. That color again. Repeat, it is one of the colors
that I struggle with. If you tell me how it is done, I shall be grateful

Then the use of THAT lens...I have seen many ' use ' it. Like a pair of scissors
Some cut paper with with it. Some can do Origami magic.

I see the ' Origami ' touch here.

Best.

f 10

Punchbowl, National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific
Heroes All

Happy Memorial Day to all!
Nice:thumbup:

This picture remember me to my trip 3years ago to the normandie.
They originated in the military cemetery in the invasion coast

First is thru a window - all other outdoor

Last edited:

Lloyd

This picture remember me to my trip 3years ago to the normandie.
They originated in the military cemetery in the invasion coast

First is thru a window - all other outdoor
Poignant reminders. I hope we never forget.