The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Hi all, sorry to have been away...I have been on travels recently, and haven't been able to keep up. Great work to everyone. I see that all of the usual suspects (Steve, Lloyd, Jim, Kurt, Matt, Rayyan, Dierk, Boymerang, Daniel, Woody, Steph, and many others I have surely forgotten) have been up to your usual tricks of making magic with camera and lens in hand. Awesome stuff!

I don't have much to post at the moment (have been taking the X1 and the 5DII out for spins in recent week-ends), but I hope to share more soon...

ashwinrao1

Fpr any of you out east, I will be in Boston visiting friends from June 9-12th, and may have some free time during the days of the 10-11th...if you are free, I plan to roam around Boston taking pics with the M9...

steflaurent974

Thanks for all your comments...On this last trip to Madagascar, I went on a sailboat : I did experiment some problems inherent to any electronic device :
1) My Lexar 8Go SD mixed some pictures (2 in 1) or store them very badly so they were lost !! So bad.
2) The battery loader 220V cord suddenly stopped working ; happily I could use the 12V entry to load batteries
3) So many pictures to take ! I miss some Go of SD cards ; so I finally took 10.5mp Jpeg ..

Guess what ? I have brought my good 'old' Leica mP with me and a bunch of Velvia rolls : I was so happy, no batteries, no SD cards, plenty of film, so light in the hand, so discret ; a real pleasure.
And now the rolls are developped, I found the colors so rich and well balanced there is almost no 'DNG work' to achieve : only the fastiduous scan.

Finally I found these two camera extraordinary complementary , in wilderness !!!
When these are scanned, I'll share.

Just for waiting some Cape of Good Hope shots, a place I love

Hout bay lighthouse :

Lloyd

Thanks for all your comments...On this last trip to Madagascar, I went on a sailboat : I did experiment some problems inherent to any electronic device :
1) My Lexar 8Go SD mixed some pictures (2 in 1) or store them very badly so they were lost !! So bad.
2) The battery loader 220V cord suddenly stopped working ; happily I could use the 12V entry to load batteries
3) So many pictures to take ! I miss some Go of SD cards ; so I finally took 10.5mp Jpeg ..

Guess what ? I have brought my good 'old' Leica mP with me and a bunch of Velvia rolls : I was so happy, no batteries, no SD cards, plenty of film, so light in the hand, so discret ; a real pleasure.
And now the rolls are developped, I found the colors so rich and well balanced there is almost no 'DNG work' to achieve : only the fastiduous scan.

Finally I found these two camera extraordinary complementary , in wilderness !!!
When these are scanned, I'll share.

Just for waiting some Cape of Good Hope shots, a place I love

Beautiful shots Stef. Looking forward to more.

m_driscoll

I'll have to catch up with what's above later. I'm on my way to the dentist. But, here's something for those of you who haven't had lunch: the Post Alley "Wall of Gum". Populist, protected, Art (capital "A"?). Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/2.4; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/350s @ f/2.8; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/2; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

I'll have to catch up with what's above later. I'm on my way to the dentist. But, here's something for those of you who haven't had lunch: the Post Alley "Wall of Gum". Populist, protected, Art (capital "A"?). Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/2.4; ISO 160
That is very kewl. Great shots all; I especially like this one.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Art Lives Here on these pages ... as you've all demonstrated pixelshooter, f1, Lloyd, Matt, Rayyan, Endre, Steve, Boymerang, James, Yamas and Woody over the past several pages.

Man, Stef, you are rocking that film.

But it also lives on the bags leaving the gift shop at the Milwaukee Art Museum.

Kurt

Lloyd

Art Lives Here on these pages ... as you've all demonstrated pixelshooter, f1, Matt, Rayyan, Endre, Steve, Boymerang, James, Yamas and Woody over the past several pages.

But it also lives on the bags leaving the gift shop at the Milwaukee Art Museum.

Kurt
Too funny. Nicely seen. Art must be a short guy to live in that bag.:thumbup:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Lloyd. Focus certainly drops right off with that Hexanon. You very much highlight all that it is capable of showing.

Lloyd

A beloved uncle passed away over the weekend. Too young; totally unexpected. His funeral is today, but commitments make it impossible to attend. We drove 5 hours yesterday to go give his family hugs at the viewing. This brooding sky greeted us as we left the viewing to drive home at 9pm. Seemed appropriate somehow.

M8, 35 Cron ASPH:

Last edited:

endre novak

A beloved uncle passed away over the weekend. Too young; totally unexpected. His funeral is today, but commitments make it impossible to attend. We drove 5 hours yesterday to go give his family hugs at the viewing. This brooding sky greeted us as we left the viewing to drive home at 9pm. Seemed appropriate somehow.

Sad news, sorry. A very appropiate image, though.
Endre

endre novak

Art Lives Here on these pages ... as you've all demonstrated pixelshooter, f1, Lloyd, Matt, Rayyan, Endre, Steve, Boymerang, James, Yamas and Woody over the past several pages.

Kurt

Amazing, as ever.