The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

rayyan

These are amazing portraits, Stef.

I especially admire the restrained processing, which doesn't let the color get in the way of the main subject -- the children.
Stef: +1; +1; Superb.

I'll have to catch up with what's above later. I'm on my way to the dentist. But, here's something for those of you who haven't had lunch: the Post Alley "Wall of Gum". Populist, protected, Art (capital "A"?). Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/2.4; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/350s @ f/2.8; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/2; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: wow, woW, wOW, WOW. Colorfully brilliant.

A beloved uncle passed away over the weekend. Too young; totally unexpected. His funeral is today, but commitments make it impossible to attend. We drove 5 hours yesterday to go give his family hugs at the viewing. This brooding sky greeted us as we left the viewing to drive home at 9pm. Seemed appropriate somehow.

M8, 35 Cron ASPH:
Lloyd: I am truly sorry for your loss. Our condolences to the family.

Best regards.

rayyan

Endre!!! This is simply glorious! Amazing image, in every respect. :bugeyes:
endre: Magnificent. :bugeyes:+1

Another of the Japanese Maple.

M8, 90 Cron pre-ASPH, wide open:
Lloyd: One of the best images I have seen; bar none. I love light/shadow/
contrasting colors that drive my eye. This picture says it all to me.:thumbs:

Regards.

rayyan

Beautiful shots, Panda81 and Bishop!
Panda81, Bishop: +1. beautiful captures, both.

Worked on this this morning and wanted to share; 4-shot pano with the M9 and 90mm lens.

Don

Don: A stunner this one Don. marvellous.

I love to shoot inside the St.Sophia in İstanbul. This time the objective was to catch intriguing details. Interesting how much more can be seen when I am not in haste.
M8 and 28'cron, camera jpegs.
Thanks for looking,
Osman

There's always a lady bathed in light under that majestic dome:

The supporting arches and the ubiquitous pigeon:

Looking out of the window on the upper floor:

Meditation:

Osman: Superb shots inside the St. Sophia. The first one is specially
brilliant. brings back recent memories.

Thank you all for sharing.

rayyan

M8.2 & M9 50 Lux & Noct :)
Steve: Excellent compositions all. But the second one..that my friend
is a stunner. simple. subdued. After all elegance does not need shouting.:thumbup:

A few street scenes from Üsküdar (Scutari), an old district on the Asian side of İstanbul. People naturally oblivious of their historical backdrops, feeling perfectly at home near centuries old works of architecture, some by the Great Sinan.
M8 with 24mm Elmarit.
Best,
Osman

Osman: The streets of Istanbul. One has to walk them streets to feel the
pulse. Your images are the second best thing to being in that great city.

Well done my friend. btw, from the Nikon thread...best of luck on your walk
around from Sirkeci!

Regards.

rayyan

Can you take us all?, they asked.

No sweat, I have just the tool for the job; I said.

Naughty, naughty; said Cynthia..the pretty one, with a twinkle.

No harm, no foul; said I

Lloyd

No harm, no foul; said I
:ROTFL: Now that cracks me up!! :D :cool: Nice picture too.

rayyan

'We are sorry monsieur', said Maurice, ' but the guests you know '.

But Maurice, I said, ' I just want to eat and drink '. ' What's pants got to do with eating and drinking? '.

' Perhaps monsieur would care to wait outside the hotel? ' suggestion.

' will my Starbucks taste different outside, Maurice ? ' I asked

Maurice started laughing. I think Maurice had not laughed for a long time..a very very long time.

I picked up the free Davidoff cigar as I went towards the elevators.

m_driscoll

I love to shoot inside the St.Sophia in İstanbul. This time the objective was to catch intriguing details. Interesting how much more can be seen when I am not in haste.
M8 and 28'cron, camera jpegs.
Thanks for looking,
Osman
There's always a lady bathed in light under that majestic dome:
The supporting arches and the ubiquitous pigeon:
Looking out of the window on the upper floor
Meditation:
Osman: Very nice. :salute: I thought at first that was a statue in an alcove! I like the last one too. Nice use of light (and no flash).

Hi There
not been around for a day or two - so many good images, Osman the first and last on the previous set (lady with torso and coloured one) are great, and the first of that new set as well.

I've been playing around with 35mm focal length again . . . and also the colour recovery in Aperture, I don't usually like it, but I thought it was rather good fun in this situation:

Jono: Works for me. It is fun. Is it like a brush that restores the color saturation? I've done it in CS4.

Don : awesome pano of the Grand Canyon.
Osman : diffuse light and quiet ambiance, a preference for number one. Istambul, just saying the word, and imagination begins running...
Matt : what a strange place , colorfull and a little disgusting (bubble gums on the wall) !!!

This M9 thing is really good, I see so many good pictures on this thread : this place is my best tutorial place on the net !!
Stefan: Thanks. It is a little disgusting. Strangely enough there's a photo of it in the latest National Geographic Magazine. It was also on our local news last night. Apparently, it started when the owner of a movie theatre, that was right there, told people to get rid of their gum before they came in. And, people did! Movie theater's gone, and they still do!

...Super,Contrast,Color,IQ & Shooting Matt!...
Steve: Thank you! :D

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

M8.2 & M9 50 Lux & Noct :)
Steve: These are great! Excellent viewpoint/perspective in the first; color/simplicity/light and shadow in the second; texture/detail in the third; composition and PP in all three. The burned edge at the top of the third is really heavy, seems to compress the photo - good move. :toocool:

m_driscoll

...really like the 1st and 3rd photos! very intriguing, makes me want to explore and know more about the location...
panda81: Thank you! It's slightly off the beaten path at the Pike Place Market. The Cruise Directors on the Holland America cruise ships that come in to port, twice a week, probably don't direct their guests to it :LOL:

Matt: wow, woW, wOW, WOW. Colorfully brilliant...
Best regards.
rayyan: Thank you! Thank you! I'm always in search of "art".

:ROTFL: Now that cracks me up!! :D :cool: Nice picture too.
But Maurice, I said, ' I just want to eat and drink '. ' What's pants got to do with eating and drinking? '.
Maurice started laughing. I think Maurice had not laughed for a long time..a very very long time.
rayyan: Nice images and narrative (double entendre included). On the TV now, there's a story about a local resident, who just did the Seven Summits in 42 days to benefit clinics in Nepal. His name's A.C. Sherpa (not kidding). http://www.sherpasevensummits.com Web site's not up yet.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

I tried a couple of stitches (Woody don't laugh). The first is three photos. the second is two. M9; 24mm f/1.4. Compared to the standard 24mm shot, you do pick up quite a bit. That concrete beam jutting off at an odd angle really looks like that (not a distortion). Just experimenting. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

Lloyd

Now this is interesting. I'm looking forward to more of this story. Beautiful image.

otumay

Rayyan and Matt, thank you kindly. Much, much appreciated.
The output here is humbling and motivating at the same time. I'm always awed.
But then again I say to myself, "What good is photography if not shared?", crank up my courage and go out shooting.

Lloyd

But then again I say to myself, "What good is photography if not shared?", crank up my courage and go out shooting.
Well said, my friend. I feel exactly the same.

rayyan

I tried a couple of stitches (Woody don't laugh). The first is three photos. the second is two. M9; 24mm f/1.4. Compared to the standard 24mm shot, you do pick up quite a bit. That concrete beam jutting off at an odd angle really looks like that (not a distortion). Just experimenting. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

Matt: Nothing to sneeze at here Matt. In fact I think there is much
more of the color, design and composition visible here than the unstitched ones.

Excellent captures.

Now this is interesting. I'm looking forward to more of this story. Beautiful image.
Lloyd: Then you must be wanting to know about Jacques! Thanks.

Regards.

rayyan

Rayyan and Matt, thank you kindly. Much, much appreciated.
Osman: I was thinking the same. Just as Lloyd.

Thank you both.

shtarka1

No harm, no foul; said I
Any Shot That Puts A Smile On My Face Has Done Its Job!:thumbup: