The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

shtarka1

'We are sorry monsieur', said Maurice, ' but the guests you know '.

But Maurice, I said, ' I just want to eat and drink '. ' What's pants got to do with eating and drinking? '.

' Perhaps monsieur would care to wait outside the hotel? ' suggestion.

' will my Starbucks taste different outside, Maurice ? ' I asked

Maurice started laughing. I think Maurice had not laughed for a long time..a very very long time.

I picked up the free Davidoff cigar as I went towards the elevators.
You Must Publish A Book My Friend!!!

shtarka1

Steve: These are great! Excellent viewpoint/perspective in the first; color/simplicity/light and shadow in the second; texture/detail in the third; composition and PP in all three. The burned edge at the top of the third is really heavy, seems to compress the photo - good move. :toocool:
Thanks Matt!

shtarka1

Rayyan and Matt, thank you kindly. Much, much appreciated.
The output here is humbling and motivating at the same time. I'm always awed.
But then again I say to myself, "What good is photography if not shared?", crank up my courage and go out shooting.
Well Said My Friend. Amen.

BishopB

You all have been busy...enjoyed all but a few comments...

Thanks for all your comments...On this last trip to Madagascar, I went on a sailboat : I did experiment some problems inherent to any electronic device :
1) My Lexar 8Go SD mixed some pictures (2 in 1) or store them very badly so they were lost !! So bad.
2) The battery loader 220V cord suddenly stopped working ; happily I could use the 12V entry to load batteries
3) So many pictures to take ! I miss some Go of SD cards ; so I finally took 10.5mp Jpeg ..

Guess what ? I have brought my good 'old' Leica mP with me and a bunch of Velvia rolls : I was so happy, no batteries, no SD cards, plenty of film, so light in the hand, so discret ; a real pleasure.
And now the rolls are developped, I found the colors so rich and well balanced there is almost no 'DNG work' to achieve : only the fastiduous scan.

Finally I found these two camera extraordinary complementary , in wilderness !!!
When these are scanned, I'll share.

Just for waiting some Cape of Good Hope shots, a place I love

Great shot!

I'll have to catch up with what's above later. I'm on my way to the dentist. But, here's something for those of you who haven't had lunch: the Post Alley "Wall of Gum". Populist, protected, Art (capital "A"?). Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/2.4; ISO 160
Matt -- I enjoy this whole series...well done!

A quick grab from this morning.

M8, Hexanon 90/2.8:
Lloyd -- Have been staring at a Japanese maple outside my door for weeks and have passed by thinking I need to capture a few images. This and the other images are a reminder to just shoot...thanks!

As always, really fantastic images on this thread - a big congrats to all the posters who continue to provide inspiration.

Here are two from the M8 + 5cm/1.5 Summarit.

cmb -- An image many would walk past...appreciate what you have captured and forest like feel it has...

took a short walk around the neighborhood earlier this evening...

Leica M9, Noctilux 1.0, wide open of course :)

Very nice, Panda!

Worked on this this morning and wanted to share; 4-shot pano with the M9 and 90mm lens.

Don

Beautiful work, Don...I imagine the print is fantastic!

I love to shoot inside the St.Sophia in İstanbul. This time the objective was to catch intriguing details. Interesting how much more can be seen when I am not in haste.
M8 and 28'cron, camera jpegs.
Thanks for looking,
Osman

There's always a lady bathed in light under that majestic dome:

Osman -- Enjoyed this series but especially this one. Nice work!

BishopB

A couple that I missed...

M8, CV nokton

Love this...the framing the processing...very nice work, Endre!

My compliments to all of the great images that I've not commented on in awhile. You all keep setting the bar high.

Thanks for the latest comments f1.0, Endre, Steve and Pixelshooter ... you are very kind.

Since I'm on a child theme ... here's another. And then one on the other end of the age spectrum.

Kurt

Nice work, Kurt! An image that has brought a smile to my face each time I have seen it...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yet another shot of the Columbia Gorge ... btw, hard to tell at this size but the Elmarit-M is SHARP!!
M9 & 90/2.8

Last edited:

mathomas

As always, really fantastic images on this thread - a big congrats to all the posters who continue to provide inspiration.

Here are two from the M8 + 5cm/1.5 Summarit.

WOW! My Summarit was in really nice condition, but never gave me results like this. These are amazing. I especially like the thorns. Makes me wish I hadn't sold it...

BishopB

A little time, morning light and roses way beyond bloom. Question for you all...how many of you have kept your spouse from getting rid of an arrangement of flowers because of a potential image you have planned?? ;^)

m_driscoll

Matt: Nothing to sneeze at here Matt. In fact I think there is much more of the color, design and composition visible here than the unstitched ones. Excellent captures...Regards.
Matt, You Dunn Real Good!
You all have been busy...enjoyed all but a few comments...Matt -- I enjoy this whole series...well done!...
rayyan/Steve/Bishop: Gentlemen, thank you!

Yet another shot of the Columbia Gorge ... btw, hard to tell at this size but the Elmarit-M is SHARP!!
M9 & 90/2.8
Graham: Very nice! Beautiful viewpoint. The light in the foreground and the hazy background are gorgeous. Classic landscape in the grand style.

A little time, morning light and roses way beyond bloom. Question for you all...how many of you have kept your spouse from getting rid of an arrangement of flowers because of a potential image you have planned?? ;^)

Bishop: Great photo! Composition, tonality, DOF excellent.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

It's relatively easier for me to become unseen in the streets with a Leica M, compared to the larger DSLR's. Despite my bulky figure, I can usually blend in the crowd this way.
The weather was wet, sky overcast, just a lazy Saturday in spring.
M8 with 28'cron.
Best,
Osman

Freddie goes home:

Taking grandma to the bazaar:

He's evidently very satisfied with himself, probably for good reason:

Return from shopping:

rayyan

Any Shot That Puts A Smile On My Face Has Done Its Job!:thumbup:
You Must Publish A Book My Friend!!!
Steve: :salute: for your kind words. Book? Me? :eek:

M9 & 90/2.8

Graham: Superb. the comp, light and presentation. I too love my 90/2.8.

Bishop: What a treat for sore eyes. The execution is masterful.

Thak you.

rayyan

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/1500s @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: I think this is a glorious shot.

You my friend have consistently displayed the ' knack ' of bringing to the viewer photo captures that are around them. That is a hallmark of a great photographic eye.

' there is nothing to photograph ' people say. They travel far and wide to capture postcards. They could have saved the money and bought the postcards at home.

' nothing to photograph '.

To them I say...See what Matt does. Learn from him. If you can emulate
even a little of what he shares with us..then you are getting started. Study what Matt does
is the best advice I can give anybody wanting to be a better photog.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful city with us.

rayyan

Venice: Recently.

Rayyan, you take photographs of others, why not mine. Question. Fight. Run.

Ayesha, I said, I have taken thousands of photographs of you all over the world.

Rayyan, she said, I am always a part of something in those photographs.

Not true, I said, squeamishly.

Ayesha, I said. I do not want photographs of you. But About you. You make the place what it is for me. Without you the place would be barren. By capturing your person, I capture the spirit of the place!..

Fight postponed..for now.

f 10

It's relatively easier for me to become unseen in the streets with a Leica M, compared to the larger DSLR's. Despite my bulky figure, I can usually blend in the crowd this way.
The weather was wet, sky overcast, just a lazy Saturday in spring.
M8 with 28'cron.
Best,
Osman

Freddie goes home:

Taking grandma to the bazaar:

Return from shopping:

wow, i like them really :thumbs:
this is what a want to see from Istanbul :clap: