The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

shtarka1

Just wanted to share a quick one from today. My brother's wife, and their oldest grandchild. (That's my brother in the background).

M8, 28 Cron @ f4 (pretty much straight out of the camera other than a slight WB correction):
Stunning Blue Eyes All Around! Beautiful Ladies & Shot Lloyd!

shtarka1

Just wanted to share a quick one from today. My brother's wife, and their oldest grandchild. (That's my brother in the background).

M8, 28 Cron @ f4 (pretty much straight out of the camera other than a slight WB correction):
Since we're on an Istanbul trend ... I'm sure that Osman can describe the lighting conditions :)

Basillica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnıcı)
M9 & 21/1.4 ISO 1000

Fantastic DOF & Mood Graham!

rayyan

rayyan

Powerful Gaze! Nicely Documented Rayyan!
Powerful stuff, Rayyan. Again, you draw us in with your image and words, and provide a reminder of our need for real humanity. Thank you.
Rayyan: This one made me smile for sure! You have a gift, my friend. Heart, Art and Discretion... a perfect combination.
rayyan: Terrific photo. And, as you said, we've seen many other equally beautiful photos of your beautiful wife!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Steve, Lloyd, Matt: :salute: Thank you.

rayyan

rayyan: +1, +1. You'd be a great guide to see real places and real people! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Much appreciated sir. The job, where do I apply?

Rayyan,
. And a big thank you for presenting the city I love so dearly and my citizens in a heart-warming way.

Lastly, I was unable to guess the place you've met the unemployed, Tophane, probably. It is relatively easier these days to come across them, with the unemployment figures reaching all-time highs.
Osman: Thank you and the people of Istanbul. Re: the place..I have forgotten...but the people I shall never forget. Their courage and their dignity in adversity.:salute:

rayyan

Lloyd: Brings a joy to my heart when I see this photo; and I have seen it
a few times today. The affection, the family binding has been perfectly captured.

The pride and happiness of the grand parents is on display as is the joy
of the child.

Priceless. :thumbs:

rayyan

Osman wants to keep it a secret! The Asian side. Uskudar, kadikoy, Beylerbeyi
and the palace, Hydarpasha station....magical places of Istanbul.

Magical people too...

The people make a place. I never forget that.

Lloyd

Osman wants to keep it a secret! The Asian side. Uskudar, kadikoy, Beylerbeyi
and the palace, Hydarpasha station....magical places of Istanbul.

Magical people too...

The people make a place. I never forget that.
Beautiful image. And you're right, it is the people.

otumay

Graham: I had somehow missed your Yerebatan shots. Masterful, I should say, because in addition to the very damp air that makes breathing an arduous task, the artificial lighting is capable of fooling the white balance of any camera, not to mention the occasional drop of moisture on the camera/lens/forehead...
Rayyan: Another beautiful shot, probably on the Karaköy Bridge, because I can see the Kadıköy pier in the background.
And lastly, I agree with everyone, it is the people that makes a place.

otumay

Lloyd has given me an idea; I may not be a portrait photographer, but can pose as a model. Why not?:rolleyes:
This was taken by my dear friend Seyhun, a keen GetDPI member, with an M8 and Summilux 35 Aspherical. Last Saturday. Image clickable.

shtarka1

Lloyd has given me an idea; I may not be a portrait photographer, but can pose as a model. Why not?:rolleyes:
This was taken by my dear friend Seyhun, a keen GetDPI member, with an M8 and Summilux 35 Aspherical. Last Saturday. Image clickable.
Osman, for a second i thought i was looking at Sean Connery! Strong Photo!