The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

GMB

Magical people too...

Magical shot as well. You somehow have the impression of a collage, i.e., as if the man is cut out of another shot and then placed on the background. Was this shot with the M9, because I had the same experience with some M9 shots.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Great stuff, everyone. Blue eyes, blue skies, family gatherings, luscious landscapes, breathtaking vistas, exotic locations, urban desolation and sean connery (who hasn't looked this good in 30 years).

I'm consistently amazed by the variety and depth of the subject matter shown here. The intimacy one feels when using a Leica M in endless applications is evident in the images displayed.

Kurt

rayyan

Magical shot as well. You somehow have the impression of a collage, i.e., as if the man is cut out of another shot and then placed on the background. Was this shot with the M9, because I had the same experience with some M9 shots.
GMB: This was with the M8 and the lux 50 asph. Thank you for the kind words.

Regards.

otumay

Great stuff, everyone. Blue eyes, blue skies, family gatherings, luscious landscapes, breathtaking vistas, exotic locations, urban desolation and sean connery (who hasn't looked this good in 30 years).

I'm consistently amazed by the variety and depth of the subject matter shown here. The intimacy one feels when using a Leica M in endless applications is evident in the images displayed.

Kurt
Sean thanks you very much, Kurt.;)

Lloyd

Lloyd, Steve. Thank you guys. Using an M8. The first shot is with the cron 28 asph; the second is the cron 75 apo.

Really appreciate your encouragement.

Regards.
Impressive result for sure, and no small comfort to those of us still required to limp along with the outdated and inferior M8!!:ROTFL:

rayyan

Brrrrr, indeed. Looks like what we had here just too weeks ago. 31C here today, by contrast. (That wonderful, golden light on the smoke (steam?) rising from the buildings looks warm, however. )
Lloyd, it is 0100 hrs tuesday as I type. The outside temp. is 35C. I think I
shall lower the A/C temp. and call it a day ( or night..sleepy :D )

Good night/morning you all.

Lloyd

Lloyd, it is 0100 hrs tuesday as I type. The outside temp. is 35C. I think I
shall lower the A/C temp. and call it a day ( or night..sleepy :D )

Good night/morning you all.
Oh no!! A cold snap!! :D Have a good night, my friend.:thumbup:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Yesterday's post. I'm back from a brief vacation over on the Nikon forum - I spent the last week or so putting my D700 through its paces. But of course this is my comfort zone.

m_driscoll

Beautiful image. And you're right, it is the people.
rayyan: +1, I agree.

Lloyd, I envy you. I wish I could shoot people like you; capturing their soul as well.
Lloyd: +1. Now, i really want a brownie!

Osman, for a second i thought i was looking at Sean Connery! Strong Photo!
Hey, great shot of you, Osman. I agree with Steve, you look for all the world like Sean Connery (only much younger, and considerably more handsome! :thumbup:) Great colors in the bokeh here too.
Osman: +1, +1. Nice photo of you.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Generations:

My mother and one of her two youngest great grandsons (he's a twin), on the day of his christening. (And, to my mother's delight, he's named Boston, after her hometown.)
M8, 90 Cron pre-ASPH:
Lloyd, this one made my day!:)
Lloyd: Great photo. Nice moment. He's going to have to be a tough kid. Is that the first or middle name? :LOL: :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

B

boymerang

Love this one. Perfect framing and perspective.

Yesterday's post. I'm back from a brief vacation over on the Nikon forum - I spent the last week or so putting my D700 through its paces. But of course this is my comfort zone.

shtarka1

F1, Wide & Sharp! Very Nice!

Rayyan, "Brrrr", Slow rate of molecular movement caught well!

Woody, Love the stark contrast & perspective in the B&W image!