The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

rayyan

rayyan: Your photography has many dimensions. These "details" illustrate that. Composition/PP are great. I generally only crop "original" and 1:1 (don't ask mw why, I don't know); but, your crops here work very well. I'm intrigued by the texture in the 3rd photo. Could i ask what you used for pp?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Thanks. I use the blending modes, channels quite a lot. For the third
one in particular.. ( CS3 is what I have ). Blending to soft; curves to bring
up the contrast. ( I wanted the highlights on one side of the arm and the
brass in the sculpture ( ? ) to have contrast.

resize for screen. Nik pro sharpner. save for web, and post.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be further help.

Regards.

p.s M8 + cron 28 asph; cropped.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham, the rug maker is fantastic. Near Blue Mosque, I presume...
Indeed - Atmeydani Cd. I assume that she's a well known tourist attraction then? I survived the carpet salesman's pitch. After climbing up the hill from the river I was glad to stop and take some shots and she was very friendly. ;)

Lloyd

Matt: Thanks. I use the blending modes, channels quite a lot. For the third
one in particular.. ( CS3 is what I have ). Blending to soft; curves to bring
up the contrast. ( I wanted the highlights on one side of the arm and the
brass in the sculpture ( ? ) to have contrast.

resize for screen. Nik pro sharpner. save for web, and post.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be further help.

Regards.

p.s M8 + cron 28 asph; cropped.
Rayyan: A very interesting technique, and one I will have to try. These are (as always) impressive images. I love that second one especially. As for the third, I have no idea what that is, can you tell us about that? Thanks.

rayyan

Rayyan: A very interesting technique, and one I will have to try. These are (as always) impressive images. I love that second one especially. As for the third, I have no idea what that is, can you tell us about that? Thanks.
Lloyd: Thanks. Try different blending between 2 layers, adjusting the opacity.
Try mixing and matching. Use channels to brush away unwanted parts, as in a mask. For me excellent tool.

The photo is of the base of St. John of Nepumak, on Charles Bridge in Praha. Canonized in 1729 as the Patron saint of discrtion, floods and slanders. Born John Wolfin in Nepumak around 1387. Murdered on orders of the Bohemian king and thrown in the river. Some say cut in 7 pieces.

People saw 7 stars in the skies on his death. The 7 stars are also depicted
on the statue around his head.

Visitors touch his statue ( or what they can touch ) for good luck and wishes
to come true.

Thanks to WiKi; errors are mine :D

Lloyd

Lloyd: Thanks. Try different blending between 2 layers, adjusting the opacity.
Try mixing and matching. Use channels to brush away unwanted parts, as in a mask. For me excellent tool.

The photo is of the base of St. John of Nepumak, on Charles Bridge in Praha. Canonized in 1729 as the Patron saint of discrtion, floods and slanders. Born John Wolfin in Nepumak around 1387. Murdered on orders of the Bohemian king and thrown in the river. Some say cut in 7 pieces.

People saw 7 stars in the skies on his death. The 7 stars are also depicted
on the statue around his head.

Visitors touch his statue ( or what they can touch ) for good luck and wishes
to come true.

Thanks to WiKi; errors are mine :D
Thanks for the info, Rayyan. Very interesting about the Saint.

I'm intrigued by your technique. I have used blending modes some, but although I was aware that some people used them, I don't really understand how to use channels to make adjustments. I saw part of a brief tutorial once, but missed the key parts.

rayyan

Thanks for the info, Rayyan. Very interesting about the Saint.

I'm intrigued by your technique. I have used blending modes some, but although I was aware that some people used them, I don't really understand how to use channels to make adjustments. I saw part of a brief tutorial once, but missed the key parts.
Lloyd: Just use channels as a place you can hide or show. Make a normal selection. save it. In your channels layer, you now have a bw channel of your selction. do what you want with it.

Another way: You saw the photo I posted of Leysin looking into the France and Mont. Blanc. It was shot in dng. it was bland.

1.made a copy of the bg.
2. duplicated the bg
3. changed blending to multiply
4. duplicated the bg copy ( now you have a very dark pic. 2 multiply modes)
5. changed the blending to soft
6. used opacity control to lessen/increase multiply or soft mode layers.
7. use a gradient layer like a soft grad filter.

posted it after resizing and sharpening. I used Nik pro sharpner. But
luminosity mode would do same.
or selest all and sharpen only the selection in bw.

5- 10 seconds to do. Honestly.

mathomas

Mike: +1, beautiful photographs. Nice compositions and the rendering of the car finishes is stellar. :salute:
Thanks, Matt. The M8 is responsible for capturing the subtle creamy colors of some of the cars. It blows me away sometimes. I was also fortunate to have a lightly overcast day, as well.

mathomas

Mike: These are super. Brings back memories. You must be too young
to remember, Sandra Lee, Bobby Darin etc.

I loved the Thunderbirds. The car and the animated series.

Regards.
Heh. I'm only a little too young to remember them. I certainly remember the Thunderbirds TV show. I actually have a model kit of Thunderbird 2. Have never assembled it. Bought it on impulse on eBay a couple of years ago.

Lloyd

Lloyd: Just use channels as a place you can hide or show. Make a normal selection. save it. In your channels layer, you now have a bw channel of your selction. do what you want with it.

Another way: You saw the photo I posted of Leysin looking into the France and Mont. Blanc. It was shot in dng. it was bland.

1.made a copy of the bg.
2. duplicated the bg
3. changed blending to multiply
4. duplicated the bg copy ( now you have a very dark pic. 2 multiply modes)
5. changed the blending to soft
6. used opacity control to lessen/increase multiply or soft mode layers.
7. use a gradient layer like a soft grad filter.

posted it after resizing and sharpening. I used Nik pro sharpner. But
luminosity mode would do same.
or selest all and sharpen only the selection in bw.

5- 10 seconds to do. Honestly.
Thank you! I'll have to try this.

shtarka1

Graham,Mathomas,Rayyan...I Raise My Glass To You 3 Gentleman For Excellence Above & Beyond The Call Of Image Making!:clap:

Lloyd

Graham,Mathomas,Rayyan...I Raise My Glass To You 3 Gentleman For Excellence Above & Beyond The Call Of Image Making!:clap:
Ok, I repent... and I join you in the salute. Definitely true! (He said, as he raises his cup of tea.):thumbs:

rayyan

Ok...I Raise My Lipitor,Motrin,Ice Pack & Cup Of Tea....:p;):ROTFL::D!

I call your Lipitor and Motrin and raise you a Plavix, Renitec, Amlor, Omniprozol, Aspirin,..forgot..the damn cells are acting up again.

Oh yes..
+ my Marlboro

Lloyd

I call your Lipitor and Motrin and raise you a Plavix, Renitec, Amlor, Omniprozol, Aspirin,..forgot..the damn cells are acting up again.

Oh yes..
+ my Marlboro
I hope it's - your Marlboro soon, my friend. Good luck with that. :thumbup: