The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

mathomas

Mike, you know your shots are working when drool is amassing at the lips! Nice selection of meats!:)
Oops, I think you're off by one (the luscious barbecue pix were actually from 'Braeside'), but you're definitely right about the drooling!

Braeside

Looks luscious. Tell us, what is in a Scottish barbecue?
(actually I assume it's just square hamburgers and thin-sliced pork, but am interested to see if I'm right)
Well, in this case it was whatever we could find at the local shop, as a BBQ is a rare thing here, just happens when we get a heatwave. ie. more than two consecutive days with temperature in the mid 20°C range. :LOL:

All I could find (apart from the instant barbecue fuel) was "square sausages" and Bacon. It was delicious though. :D

Reminds me of a tale my father told, when we went on holiday to the North West of Scotland around 1960. We had a "Scottish Heatwave" while we were caravanning at Achmelvich Bay. Dad and his friend decided to build a BBQ, they found drift wood and some old bricks and a metal grid. All they needed was some food to BBQ, so they drove to the nearest village (Lochinver). They went to the butcher's shop and asked the shop assistant for some "barbeque steak". The assistant looked puzzled, so he called through to the owner of the shop for advice. "What was it you were after? " he enquired. "Some steak for the barbecue" my father replied. - " A bar- b - que, yes uh-huh I see" said the owner. This was clearly something never heard of in the remote highland village, and my father had to explain how they would be cooking this meat outside - much to the amusement of the Butcher.:D

rayyan

Moody shot!

Thought that looked familiar, we were up there recently on holiday.

[Sorry not an M8 shot, was 16mm fisheye on A900].
David: Thanks. Lovely country. You were just a little southwest of where I was. Small
world.

They say the water appears like a map of Scotland?

Thanks for sharing.

Havent been around here a few days but the thread dosent stand still either, many great pictures from all contributes, thanks for that every one.

Here is two new from me.

Tommy

panda81

wow, work has been busy so i haven't had time to follow this thread closely, look at all the visual treats i missed in only two days! great work everyone!!

A little time, morning light and roses way beyond bloom. Question for you all...how many of you have kept your spouse from getting rid of an arrangement of flowers because of a potential image you have planned?? ;^)
fantastic image bishop! i'm usually not a fan of people taking snapshots of their flower arrangement at home but this one has such beautiful artistry.

QUOTE=Lloyd;217731]Just wanted to share a quick one from today. My brother's wife, and their oldest grandchild. (That's my brother in the background).
/QUOTE]

great job lloyd! your family is lucky to have such a talented photographer recording their memories!

Since we're on an Istanbul trend ... I'm sure that Osman can describe the lighting conditions :)

Basillica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnıcı)
M9 & 21/1.4 ISO 1000
great composition graham! great job on the exposure too, it looks incredibly tricky.

this one speaks to me the most, very evocative. great vision you had creating this image!

Leysin...Switzerland. Looking into France and Mont. Blanc behind the clouds.
gorgeous landscapes!

M8 CV 5,6/12
really love this first one! :)

Today's post. Familiar terrain. M9 + 35mm cron asph.
you have an incredible way of creating unique abstract art from architecture. great photo!

Dungeons and Dragons.
this first one is just :eek:

i would be ecstatic to be able to capture something like that. undoubtedly one you should proudly display on your wall!

smoke,- M8, cv nokton
Havent been around here a few days but the thread dosent stand still either, many great pictures from all contributes, thanks for that every one.

Here is two new from me.
both of you, great examples of "decisive moment" type of capture! :)

great job everyone! sorry i know i missed other awesome photos too...way too many to go through :)