The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Someone special.

My wife, Mimi is one of seven sisters. For reasons never fully understood, two of them were born with physical and mental limitations. One sister's issues were very severe (she never spoke, couldn't walk or feed herself, etc.). She died a couple of years ago, well into her 40s. It was a long, at times difficult road. The other sister's issues are less severe, but still quite limiting. On most things, she operates on about the level of a pre, or very young adolescent. She is possessed, however, of a keen sense of humor, and even irony, often surprising people with her subtle wit. She can barely read or write, but has a prodigious memory for dates and times; always keeping everyone informed and reminded about appointments, etc. Although younger than her more severely limited sister, she was her primary care-giver for the past decade or so. The care she rendered was to her, her very reason for living. When her sister died, she grieved terribly, still does. She's bounced around a bit among family members. Helping those ill, tending children, etc. We're not always sure where she is at any given time.

Last week, when the Uncle died, we discovered that she was there visiting as well. She been helping care for another aunt who now lives alone, and who's having some struggles. She looked much better than when we last saw her. We had a good visit.

Meet Tanya (loving called Tonks). By some measures imperfect in mind or body, but possessed of a loving, giving, serving heart. NEVER a thought for her own needs. Pure love, pure service. She is a gift... from whom we have learned a great deal.

M8, Hexanon 90/2.8
Thanks for the storie and the picture, I wish I could express my self better in english.

otumay

Thank you all for your compliments, my friends. They are truly appreciated.
Lloyd, a very touching story accompanied by a well-matched shot. My deepeset regards for Tonks, God bless her.

YamasDigital

Lloyd, thanks for sharing; I think one of the few instances where the written word was much more powerful than the image. Best of luck to your wife's family.

YamasDigital

From this weekend, view at dawn of the Koolau Mountains on the Windward side of Oahu; cropped - from the highway, through the windshield

Outrigger Canoe Regatta at Kailua Beach; cropped and a little pp in LR3Beta

Last edited:

shtarka1

Maggie...Nice To See You Here & Wonderful Image!

Yamas...More Brilliance!!!

Matt...Remind's Me Of "West Side Story"....Love It!

Lloyd

Lloyd, thanks for sharing; I think one of the few instances where the written word was much more powerful than the image. Best of luck to your wife's family.
Thank you. I appreciate that very much.

Thanks for the storie and the picture, I wish I could express my self better in english.
Thank you Tommy. I think you express yourself quite eloquently.

Lloyd, a very touching story accompanied by a well-matched shot. My deepeset regards for Tonks, God bless her.
Thank you, my friend. Thank you very much.