The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

P

paralx

Re: Fun time / M8 images

I keep going back and forth between Color and Black+White with the M8. I tend to shoot most often in lowlight situations and to date I'm super happy with the noise/grain that the M8 produces. Most of these were shot with either the 28 Elmarit or the Summicron (I upgraded for the extra stop a month or so ago).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Wow... So many great images posted, I don't know where to start!

Kurt: LOVE that composition. Every time I see a shot like that I change my mind about selling my Nocti ;)

Maggie: I really like the bench shot a lot, but what is the reflection?

Mike: Superb composition and subject for B&W :thumbup:

Guy: Where on earth did you find that car? AWESOME subject...

Chris: The second image with the man on the stairway is outstanding -- well done!

Awesome additions all,

Maggie O

Chris, I absolutely love that last photo of the liquor store lovers!

Jack, I reckon the reflection is from a window somewhere close.

P

paralx

Thanks guys! I've been lurking here and on "the other forum" for quite sometime. This seems to be a pretty supportive and collaborative community. Every time I stop in for a look there seems to be either images that inspire me, or conversations that are helpful. Looking forward to seeing lots more of everyones work.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...

Eucharistic Ministers - my new old 1970 50mm Summicron ISO640, f/2.8, 1/90 and done in B&W because I don't have my filter yet and her coat and cap were black not purple.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

This seems to be a pretty supportive and collaborative community. Every time I stop in for a look there seems to be either images that inspire me, or conversations that are helpful.
Glad to hear you confirm this --- it was our primary goal when we built the site :)

Maggie O

I tried to take a look at the bigger version of John's photo, just above, and got this:

Maggie O, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...

I tried to take a look at the bigger version of John's photo, just above, and got this:
That was happening before when I use the BB image code from my subscription gallery.

I've just put a direct link in and that now has it full size.

Maybe the forum masters can see what's going on.

mwalker

Subscriber Member

Chickasaw or Shawnee I don't remember which....

John that image looks 3D its stunning

robsteve

Subscriber

I was at a Christmas party last night and caught this one when a guest picked up the hostesses dog.

This was shot with the Noctilux at f1.2 and 640iso.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

That was happening before when I use the BB image code from my subscription gallery.

I've just put a direct link in and that now has it full size.

Maybe the forum masters can see what's going on.
John:

My apologies as there was a setting off for a few accounts and yours was one of them. I have reset those accounts so they should all work fine now. Again, sorry for ot catching it earlier.

JWW

75 lux wide open image from lunchtime today. Lily pond at Wailea Marriott.

Jan

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Thanks guys! I've been lurking here and on "the other forum" for quite sometime. This seems to be a pretty supportive and collaborative community. Every time I stop in for a look there seems to be either images that inspire me, or conversations that are helpful. Looking forward to seeing lots more of everyones work.
Exactly what we want to hear. Thanks Guy

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

BTW folks Tony Rose is in the house, the owner of Popflash . So as we grow we are seeing more company reps, camera dealers and others in the industry. This is very beneficial to the growth of GetDPI forums and workshops. And the bottom line it is helpful to you our members.