The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Hi Mike
Looks like a fun place for a holiday :(
When did it close . . . and what was that room with the 'recliner' for?

Good shots though.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Jono,

That is the "Operating Room" in the Infirmary. You can see the sign hanging in the left window.

Probably not a good idea to get sick if you ever go to prison :)

I don't know the history of Alcatraz (when it closed, etc). Maybe someone else here can elaborate on that.

Mike

jonoslack

HI Mike
Apparently Robert Kennedy closed it in 1963 - it was too expensive to run.

there's loads of stuff about!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Hey Chris,

#3 above (The "Operating Room" shot) is one of my HDR shots. So is the black and white "Room with a View" shot right below it.

Let's see some of your stuff from the shoot!

Mike

Thank you Mike. I got many good photos of the baskets (e.g., different angles and dof) and had a tough time deciding which I preferred most. I am glad you liked it.

Mark

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Speaking of baskets, here's one I took at a local "farmers market" near my town...

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Four Generations...

This is my daughter and her great grandmother (my grandmother), who passed away about a month after I took this shot.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Here's my daughter at Halloween, and at her most recent birthday (when she turned 7).

Having fun digging up some of my old M8 shots that I took over the past year :)

Last edited:

You've got some great photos there Mike. Each photo has its own feeling to it. It is easy to see why you went back to the M8.

Mark

jonoslack

Hi Mike
The picture of your daughter with your grandmother is wonderful (of the grandmother). The halloween picture of your daughter in the black dress is also wonderful - I'm afraid it's mostly the subject who should take the credit, but at least you had the wisdom to take it :ROTFL:. Such a lovely face.

jonoslack

How to build it (the instructions leave a little to be desired . . . they came in Russian, Estonian, Finnish and Swedish:

(50 'cron)

Nearly there (despite it all):

(25 biogon)

The Plunge pool (with dog)

(25 biogon)

On the way back from the plunge pool:

(25 biogon)

of course, walking isn't compulsory . . . . Emma & Honey Riding into the sunset:

(25 biogon)

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Beautiful shots Jono. And thanks for the compliments on my daughter - she is always a nice target.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Great images guys!

Mike, that shot of your daughter in her costume is just a small window to the attitude you'll be getting in about 5 years. You're toast dude!

:ROTFL:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Yeah, I'm already getting some of that attitude. I'm definitely toast. I need to hire a full-time chaperon :scry: