The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Hi Bertie

As I say, new fangled stuff ;-)

Pearl came to visit . . . here she is with her Aunt Lili

M8 50 'cron f2 1/60th 1250 ISO

jonoslack

However, she will only take so much snapping before she feels it necessary to make a comment:

jonoslack

:ROTFL: -- at you!
It's my position in life Bertie - everybody laughs at me. Sometimes I feel sad about this . . . . :cry:
At other times I go out and take photographs of plants:

(gooseberry leaves)

(spindleberry)

(gingko leaves)

(flowering cherry leaves)

(field maple leaves)

and then they laugh some more

all taken with M8 (upgr) with 75 'cron

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Jono, absolutely stunning shots. Clearly, you are a master of that lens.... The Flowering Cherry Leaves is my favorite of a fabulous group. You leave me to wonder though why you chose the 75 'Cron over the 75 'Lux, my personal favorite in that focal length?

helenhill

Truly Outstanding , Jono
Just superb Shot after Shot

Best to You- H

Last edited:

jonoslack

Jono, absolutely stunning shots. Clearly, you are a master of that lens.... The Flowering Cherry Leaves is my favorite of a fabulous group. You leave me to wonder though why you chose the 75 'Cron over the 75 'Lux, my personal favorite in that focal length?
Hi Chuck
Glad you liked the shots.
The answer to your question is variable!
It could be that I don't know . . . never having used the 'lux. The reason I went for the 'cron is that I don't really like using the M8 with big lenses on it (if I'm not worried about the size/weight I can carry a lot more resolution and flexibility with me).

I really like the 'cron though - I like the bokeh, and I like the biting sharpness where it's in focus.

Each to his own I guess!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Jono, you have posted some very good shots with your Nikon gear but I have to say that your M shots always grab me much more. I think the M is very well suited to your aesthetic sensibility (although you have posted many stunning shots with both systems).

helenhill

Jono, you have posted some very good shots with your Nikon gear but I have to say that your M shots always grab me much more. I think the M is very well suited to your aesthetic sensibility (although you have posted many stunning shots with both systems).
Well said Charles ...I quite Agree ;)

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

There is a very different look between the 75 'Cron and the 75 'Lux. I really do like having the extra stop of speed, the extra shallow DoF shot close in, and frankly I don't think the 'Lux gives up much in the way of sharpness. But you're right Jono, you do pay a price in size and weight. Horses for Courses.:thumbs:

This is the 75 'Lux, doing what it does best....

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

More fun with the 75 Lux...

Took a few walks through my neighborhood over the past few days with the 75 lux, and took these shots wide-open, except the "four trees", which I think was shot at f2.8.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...

Jono, you are the Leica wizard of the English Countryside.

It just sucks one's eyes and soul into it.

jonoslack

Charles and Helen and John and Brian - thanks for the kind words.

Chuck - lovely cat shot, and Mike, I understand the attractions of the 'lux . . but I'm rather enamoured of the new lenses (terrible to say).

Today I went out with the WATE, and with the 35 'cron.

Here are the results:

I've also been fiddling about with my black and white technique, and also dragging out the WATE (first 3), and my old 35 'cron (last two).

my it was windy!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Mike - I really like the space in the 4 trees image and how you composed the trees in the frame and their relation to one another. The last image has some qualities that I like to see in prints in some of the oof areas, very nice.