The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

W

wbrandsma

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

:D You're killing me Jono. You caught me in a Leica topic. :eek: I'm embarrassed too.

Everyone needs to have a dream. I dream of a M8 someday, so the GX200 can ALWAYS be in the bag.

jonoslack

:D You're killing me Jono. You caught me in a Leica topic. :eek: I'm embarrassed too.

Everyone needs to have a dream. I dream of a M8 someday, so the GX200 can ALWAYS be in the bag.
Now I'm even more embarrassed. I understand how little the camera has to do with the quality of the image (doesn't stop me buying cameras though). Sometimes I forget how lucky I've been to be able to indulge my whims.

I've just looked up Ede - looks like a lovely place AND it's only 1hour and 5 minutes from where I'm working.

You'd better be prepared for visitors!;)

woodyspedden

Me?
Seaside?
or the person who wrote the truth on that pain of glass.

Have you ordered yours yet? (I'm not going to buy one . . . . I'm not going to buy one . . . . I'm not going to buy one . . . . I'm not going to buy one!)
And of course you then also need a backup! Yikes, another $6300 to the Leica lottery

Woody

Maarten

Leica M8u with 24mm elmarit.

Photo taken the island of Texel in the north of the Netherlands. It was sea mist moving in and the sun behind me which gave a beautiful effect.

I hope you like it.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Photo taken the island of Texel in the north of the Netherlands. It was sea mist moving in and the sun behind me which gave a beautiful effect.

I hope you like it.
I like it a lot, excellent capture!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I hope you like it.
Beach chair and a cocktail and that is about all I need. Nice capture

jonoslack

Beach chair and a cocktail and that is about all I need. Nice capture
What? In the Netherlands in November!!! You'll need your wooly hat Guy!

I'm there at the moment, and it may be unseasonably warm, but it's still only 10C!

Nice shot though.

Maarten

Thanks guys, for all the kind comments!

The drink for this season is called "Juttertje" which is a liquor sold sold on the island of Texel. You will feel nice and warm after a cold walk along the beach.

BTW, where are you staying Jono? Here for work?

Maarten

Here's another one from my short break at Texel. M8, 90mm cron asph.

The is a very small village called "Oost" (= "East"), in the late afternoon, on Texel, the Netherlands.

jonoslack

Thanks guys, for all the kind comments!

The drink for this season is called "Juttertje" which is a liquor sold sold on the island of Texel. You will feel nice and warm after a cold walk along the beach.

BTW, where are you staying Jono? Here for work?
Hi Maarten
I'm staying in Bergen op Zoom (the Draak in the square if you know it).
I just drove from Norfolk through the tunnel - so much more congenial than the hassles of Stansted and Schipol, and about the same time (added to which I have my nice little two seater with me).

That's the good news

The bad news is that, yes, it's work - 4 days of meetings in Moerdijk. Still, a good client, and it's usually pretty congenial, added to which Emma (the boss) is arriving for shenanigans on Thursday night, and then driving back with me on Friday.

It was a pretty vision:
Guy in bathing trunks, deck chair, table, cocktail, on the beach on a Dutch November day :ROTFL::ROTFL:
Mind you, this is Holland, and so perhaps he could have dispensed with the trunks?

Maarten

Guy, Jono,
:ROTFL:

They predict snow this Friday. Too cold to sit in a deck chair at the seaside, with or without trunks...

Maarten

Hi Maarten
I'm staying in Bergen op Zoom (the Draak in the square if you know it).
I just drove from Norfolk through the tunnel - so much more congenial than the hassles of Stansted and Schipol, and about the same time (added to which I have my nice little two seater with me).

That's the good news

The bad news is that, yes, it's work - 4 days of meetings in Moerdijk. Still, a good client, and it's usually pretty congenial, added to which Emma (the boss) is arriving for shenanigans on Thursday night, and then driving back with me on Friday.
Hi Jono,
Never been to Bergen op Zoom. Maybe I should start traveling Holland instead of going to Japan and the US. There are so many places to visit.

I hope you have a nice time here. If I think of Moerdijk I think of transport, ships, cargo, that kind of stuff. Do you have time to take photos?

Best

jonoslack

That is why the beach would be empty if i took my trunks off. LOL
In the snow? The beach would quickly fill up . . . I can hear the shouts

"Come and see Guy Mancuso without his trunks on in the snow"

"Roll up Roll up - only a euro a peep"

Thinking of roll-up, I suspect that in that temperature there wouldn't be much to see anyway!

jonoslack

Hi Jono,
Never been to Bergen op Zoom. Maybe I should start traveling Holland instead of going to Japan and the US. There are so many places to visit.

I hope you have a nice time here. If I think of Moerdijk I think of transport, ships, cargo, that kind of stuff. Do you have time to take photos?

Best
Hi Maarten
Where abouts are you? I know that Wouter lives in Ede, which looks like a good spot.
Bergen op Zoom is a nice town - not too big, not too small, and with a good old centre.
I'm ashamed to say I've never been into Moerdijk itself, despite many trips over here. My client is in the middle of an industrial estate. Nice building, nice people = nice time (but I'd rather be on the beach watching Guy cavorting in the snow!)
:)

Maarten

Hi Maarten
Where abouts are you? I know that Wouter lives in Ede, which looks like a good spot.
Bergen op Zoom is a nice town - not too big, not too small, and with a good old centre.
I'm ashamed to say I've never been into Moerdijk itself, despite many trips over here. My client is in the middle of an industrial estate. Nice building, nice people = nice time (but I'd rather be on the beach watching Guy cavorting in the snow!)
:)
I live in Amsterdam. Nice and small ;) (compared to Tokyo, NY or London).

Maybe these GetDPI guys could do a workshop this side of the ocean and enjoy our nice English and Dutch weather this time of the year instead of doing workshops in sunny places as the Moab desert. But I do see some snow on these photographs as well:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4106

No Guy, though. Maybe he's hidding behind a rock. ;)