The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

robsteve

Subscriber
Re: Fun time / M8 images

Great when you have a completely overcast sky which in this case was very flat so it gives you a little punch. What i would like to see us do on the forum is get folks out there shooting with strobe to give just that extra pop that we run into. You know that M shooters don't use flash or tripods is such a bad statement we here much to often and is never the case. Tools help the photography result and tripods are vital and so is strobe when used correctly.
Guy:

Perhaps you could do a lighting demo in Moab. I think Andy and Jack would volunteer to carry the gear up the trail to the Delicate Arch:)

Maggie O

M8, with 35mm CV Ultron: wildlife camera!

Possum!

I must confess to a sincere, if sentimental, attachment to possums. This one is about the size of raccoon and has a wooly white undercoat with long silky guard hairs and shows no inclination to haste, even when bothered during supper. His manner is one of a shuffling amiability, as opposed to the casual waddling menace of a buck raccoon.

Maggie O

"Hey, Mollie! What are you looking at?"

"You don't even wanna know, Aunt Maggie."

M8, CV Ultron 35mm, ISO 1250, processed in LightZone. LZ is brilliant for turning noise into film grain, IMO.

jaapv

Subscriber Member

M8, with 35mm CV Ultron: wildlife camera!

Possum!

I must confess to a sincere, if sentimental, attachment to possums. This one is about the size of raccoon and has a wooly white undercoat with long silky guard hairs and shows no inclination to haste, even when bothered during supper. His manner is one of a shuffling amiability, as opposed to the casual waddling menace of a buck raccoon.
I find it excellent that you have no flash reflection in the eyes. Normally they blow out whitish or greenish in this kind of shot.

Maggie O

I think it has a lot to do with the Vivitar 285HV- it does a fine job of diffusing the light and since it sits up quite a bit from the lens, red eye (or green eye) is minimized. I love 'em.

S

Steve

Guy or Jack, I am not getting Maggies toaster image, I get all the other images posted but those? any ideas why, Thanks Steve

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Guy or Jack, I am not getting Maggies toaster image, I get all the other images posted but those? any ideas why, Thanks Steve
All I can think of, is Maggie has that image hosted at Popflash, and maybe you have a browser block against Popflash? You might try viewing this thread in a different browser.

Cheers,

neelin

Little commercial shot I did two days ago. This was 2 minutes after I smacked my head into a door frame climbing a ladder
GREAT PHOTO SHOTS! Having been in the business for 33 years & 21 as an owner (now freshly retired)....I can comment on the construction content.

1. never trust a tradesman with new tools & belt.
2. don't fall for the slick photo with the "model" construction worker. expect a drunk/butt crack to show up & whistle at the office staff.

that's about all I learned... really big Grin! :grin:

Robert

Maggie O

All I can think of, is Maggie has that image hosted at Popflash, and maybe you have a browser block against Popflash? You might try viewing this thread in a different browser.

Cheers,
You gots me- my photo is posted at Flickr. Maybe Flickr is blocked by your ISP?

Maggie O

It's a bloodbath! (of Stockholm):

The usual combo: M8, Ultron 35mm, Lightzone.

Ben Tanner

Workshop Member

One of the first images made with my M8. Taken in Black Mountain, NC. of my wife headed to the shops with credit card in hand. First image is normal and the second image has the watercolor filter applied in PS. (asa 160 - 28mm - 30th) Ben Tanner

woodyspedden

Hey Ben

I like the watercolor filter effect but man the colors sure changed. Not what I would have expected to happen. I would have thought blur to achieve the effect of paint bleeding into art paper but the colors should stay the same Imho.

Glad to see you are having fun

Woody

Ben Tanner

Workshop Member

Hi Woody, I know what you mean, it's just not that watercolor look. I hope your doing well!!!! Ben