The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Kurt,

Congratulations. A very strong image.

Tim,

I like your flower shot very much too. You appear to be having quite a winter already!
Thanks Ed! We're just emerging from a blizzard that raged all last night and left behind about 18 inches of snow. Beautiful when you get past the work it creates.

Peter Klein

Seattle got a bloomin' blizzard this weekend. And wind. Which created some beautiful sights, appreciated from indoors(!) Photo taken at 12:45am Sunday morning.

9 inches of snow at my house atop two inches we had from earlier last week. I know that doesn't sound like much to people from snowier climates. But we rarely get this much snow, and only the freeway and very major arterials get plowed. The other major streets get sand, and residential areas get laissez-faire. The city is semi-shut down, with the notable exception of my employer. I made it to work today, but it was scary. :eek:

Photo taken with M8, DR Summicron, ISO 320, 1/15 at f/2.8.

--Peter

Last edited:

carstenw

Peter, how did you get the DR Cron to work on the M8? Mine hits somewhere on the plastic cowl inside.

Peter Klein

Carsten: I sent my DR Summicron to DAG (Don Goldberg in Wisconsin). He ground down the close-focus cam of the DR, which is what prevents it from mounting on the M8. So my DR is now effectively a Rigid Summicron, but a little heavier.

At first I resisted doing this, as it seems a shame to deface such a beautifully-made thing as the DR. But the DR is one of my favorite lenses. I almost never use the close-focus range. And a lens you can use is better than one sitting on the shelf. No regrets now that I've done it.

--Peter

carstenw

Hmm, I will skip that change. I still use it on my M6, and love the close-focusing ability. I thought perhaps that you had modified the plastic cowl in the M8, which is what have beem thinking of doing. I don't know how much room there is behind to do this though. I don't think it is hitting by a lot, just an edge somewhere.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

I hope she's got a pair of Oder Eaters in her shopping bag!

Very nice shots Bob. Merry Christmas.

K

kelvin

Beautiful shots, Bob.

Merry Christmas!
Kelvin

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Tim, Jack, Kelvin,
Thanks!, I just love that ole' rangefinder handling.
Merry Christmas!!
-bob

helenhill

Crisp & Sharp Bob...Lovely
I will Blame you Bob for the Bottle of Hendricks under the Tree :D

Tim: Wonderful Winter Holiday Cheer...:clap:

Cheers-H

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Crisp & Sharp Bob...Lovely
I will Blame you Bob for the Bottle of Hendricks under the Tree :D

Tim: Wonderful Winter Holiday Cheer...:clap:

Cheers-H
Helen,
Oh, Man, like WOW, I don't even remember! :eek:
Spreading Hendricks is just one more way to spread cheer.
-bob

robsteve

Subscriber

What is Hedricks?

Is it the Gin people have been taliking about here? Is it a British Gin?

Merry Christmas all.

Robert

carstenw

Gah, gin, are there any scotch drinkers here? I am wondering where to go after Highland Park 18 dispatched of my previous love for Oban 14, and Lagavulin 16 has been slipping slightly down my list of favorites, not for any particular reason, other than I am beginning to appreciate smoother scotches with more subtle notes.

cmb, thanks for the links! I am off to peruse...

woodyspedden

My son in law and I cracked open a bottle of Oban last night. God I wish I was rich so I could make that a habit. LOL

Woody

helenhill

Gah, gin, are there any scotch drinkers here? I am wondering where to go after Highland Park 18 dispatched of my previous love for Oban 14, and Lagavulin 16 has been slipping slightly down my list of favorites, not for any particular reason, other than I am beginning to appreciate smoother scotches with more subtle notes.

cmb, thanks for the links! I am off to peruse...
Actually I luv Oban
but Even More....Try the hiddrn Jewel Of the Scottish Highlands...LongMorn

was NEVER a Gin Drinker till i tried Hendricks...THANK YOU Bob

Happy Holidays !- :) H

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

My son in law and I cracked open a bottle of Oban last night. God I wish I was rich so I could make that a habit. LOL

Woody
Woody,
It is not so bad if you make it last a few days. :angel:
-bob