The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

scott kirkpatrick

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Gah, gin, are there any scotch drinkers here?
You bet, but since I am usually surrounded by wine and beer types, I wait for expense account travel to indulge. Prefer the Islay malts, the smokier the better. Nothing sophisticated, I admit.

scott

woodyspedden

Woody,
It is not so bad if you make it last a few days. :angel:
-bob
Oh well Bob, you know me.LOL Actually Oban is really a sipping scotch......consumed slowly while savoring all of the rich flavors. Same as Hendricks actually.

Nice to have such wonderful choices.

Woody

woodyspedden

We had a spectacular hoar frost here in Ft Collins Colorado on the day before Christmas. I missed the peak but got a few shots which worked pretty good. It was very cold and so crisp you could almost feel the words freezing as they came from your lips

Anyway, enjoy

Woody

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Woody, Both photos are beautiful, but I prefer the black and white for its tones and composition.

woodyspedden

thanks all. I agree with your comments.

I wish that I had been able to take these images about three hours earlier. I had a doctors appointment at the hospital at 8:30 A.M. so it was about 9:45 until I could get back to it.

Trust me that at 9:00 the hoar frost was so spectacular that you could not believe it. Makes me wish I had the G1 in the car with a couple of M lenses and John's adapters. Wow.......that would be special

We will all figure this out over the next few months. Terrific options!

Woody Spedden

C

Cancelledreality

Hope everybody has had a nice Christmas. :thumbup:
This morning I took a early winterwalk through some nearby woods.
It was a bit cold about 30 F, but the sun was shining and I had hot coffee with me. :)

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Nice shots . i could see myself just sitting on that bench with a cup of expresso and if there is a ocean in front of me even better. LOL

Nice shots

C

Cancelledreality

Thanks Guy, well there is a small lake in front of the bench. :)

I love this little camera, with all of its issues. Kinda like a marriage. :ROTFL:

woodyspedden

Woody, Both photos are beautiful, but I prefer the black and white for its tones and composition.
Cindy

I agree that the black and white evokes a mood of desolation and thus has much more power. The other is pretty much a snapshot just trying to get the hoar frost to show. Pretty much a failure.

I wish you could see the black and white printed. It has way more impact than the jpeg here on the web.

Thanks for your comments

Woody

jonoslack

Hi Everyone
I hope you all had a grand break - we certainly did.

I think this is called 'Peach Pants'

taken late on Christmas day in a cafe in the Haute Savoire
M8, Zeiss 50mm sonnar, 1/10th ISO 1250

Thought I should do my part to get this to 1000. This was taken in November near Mt Hood, OR, before the snows. 28mm on M8, then on to make a platinum print.