The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ecliffordsmith

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Hi Tim,

Nice punchy black and white images. I really like the look your processing is giving these shots. The three donkeys for example make a lovely image in my opinion.

helenhill

Quite Fab Tim
Love the whole series of shots
in particular the frozen heart

Best-H :)

lmr

I know Christmas is over... but have a few shot I would like to share.

Camera = M8
Lens = 50mm Lux Pre- Asph
Shot @ f1.4 in jpeg
Resized in PS, post
No pre processing

I enjoy the 50mm Lux pre Asph. A very different look & fell from the 50 Lux Asph. The focus is more accurate than the newer Asph version. In fact all my older lens has better focus than my newer ones... it must be me :)

Enjoy.
Robert.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Hard to beat that 50 lux pre-asph! very smooth
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Gorgeous -- and why that is the last M lens I will ever sell :)

woodyspedden

make that two of us Jack. On the Leica/Porsche trip with Guy a couple of years ago I shot about 20% of my shots with it. I think the signature of this lens is second to none. Only other 50 I use is my Konica Hexanon 50 1.2 and the reasons for that are obvious I think. I never take the Leica 50 Cron out of the bag and the 50 collapsible Elmar, while a neat profile, just doesn't product images I love. Just my thoughts

Woody

robsteve

Subscriber

A bit of pond hockey with the 50mm Summicron and M8. Actually, it was on a lake in my back yard.

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber

Wow. Those are some gorgeous shots, robsteve.
Thanks, when I saw the nice light, I went into the house to get my M8. I had planned a 50mm, 90mm and WATE combo, but when I swiched over to the 90mm the game was over. They had been playing for two or three hours by then.

Robert

C

Cancelledreality

I like the portrait, Jono.

Hey Rob, who needs a 1dmkIII for sports :ROTFL:
Very nice.

jonoslack

Thank you Hans - Clive is a wonderful, funny and clever guy.
Hacker - delightful kids
the little boy in the first one is just priceless . . . :):):clap:

Sunny morning - I'm just off to Holland on a business trip, but the sunshine was too much to miss:

in pretty light like this - even packing kit to go away can be good.

Mustn't forget the wallet!

Hacker

Jono, you are truly the gadget man! I have only brought a DSLR on a business trip once, and took like 30 photos. Mostly, it is the P&S.

C

Cancelledreality

A little Summilux fun. The first one is a bit misfocused (we need closer focus distance ;)) But still like the light and colours.

I like this lens! I'm thinking about adding a 28mm Summicron or a 35mm Summicron. That's even more fun :D