The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: Fun time / M8 images

Simon

Yes, you can embed images.
Click on the Paperclip icon (Attachments)
A new window will open (Manage Attachments) - Click the Browse Button and find the file you want to upload.
Then Click on the Upload Button.
After it is uploaded, place the cursor where you want the image in your message, then click on the Paperclip Icon again and click on the filename in the list. The image will be placed in your text.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Simon, if you want to insert images from your website or URL use the Insert Image Icon (the yellow square that looks like a mountain).

This one:

View attachment 1153

When you click on the Insert Image icon a dialog box will appear. Enter the URL.

Also, Take a look at the Image Gallery on this site. You can upload images to the Image Gallery and then link to the Image Gallery from within your posts. This works very well. I can send you some instructions to help you get started if you need them.

I like the Snowy Hillside image on the front page of your website. Very nice.

simonclivehughes

Excellent... let's try again.

Here's a shot taken at Lake Chilliwack in BC with the M8 and CV 12mm lens.
View attachment 1154

This shot was taken from Quadra Island looking back to Campbell River, BC. M8 and (I think) the CV 75mm.
View attachment 1155

Finally a shot of the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto. M8 and CV 12mm.
View attachment 1156

More M8 shots may be seen on my website.

Cheers,

Last edited:

simonclivehughes

Thanks!

I'll keep posting but right now these are the only shots I have access to as my MacBook Pro has a HDD problem (the horror, the horror!). I've got a new 320GB drive coming so I should be back up and running soon (don't you just LOVE TimeMachine?).

Cheers,

Maggie O

"What a lovely 15mm lens you have, my dear..."

Thanks, Jack! Great lens, in great shape!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Maggie --- glad it arrived safely and you like it! (Got your check today too --- thanks!)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Simon, I really like the first image --- very dramatic!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Point Lobos.
This is kind of like Rockport's Motif Number one. Everyone needs to take this shot at least once.

Daniel

one thing i'm noticing with my recent lenses, the helier 15mm and zeiss 35mm f2, is that the highlights such as from lights or refections are star-shape. i don't recall noticing this on my nikkor lenses. can anyone explain this for me?

i really love the star-shape effect, and it'd be nice to understand what i'm seeing here. does this star-shape effect suggests a lens that's relatively good at controlling flare?

Last edited:

Maggie O

IIRC, it comes from the blades of the aperture- more blades make for more star points.