The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

I was invited to a superbowl party. The host was prepared with 3D goggles for everyone to watch the 3D commercial. What is particularly funny is that there were a total of 6 judges (at the highest levels of both federal and state judiciary) at this party in addition to several command level state police officers and a number of successful attorneys and everyone put on those silly goggles. I couldn't resist the picture. The room was quite dim so that the picture really pushed the camera into a noisy zone.

Mark
Hmm... Nice shot... and with all those judges, lawyers and law enforcement types, it's easy to see why it's a "noisy zone"!

Lloyd

Some shots from Sunday.
All with the 28 'cron and Auto-ISO. Which works really well, wish I used it sooner. :)
They all have some noise (ISO 1250) but I like it in these shots.
I really like the noise here. Very film-like. Nice. I also really like the toning you've used. Good work, my friend.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I was invited to a superbowl party. The host was prepared with 3D goggles for everyone to watch the 3D commercial. What is particularly funny is that there were a total of 6 judges (at the highest levels of both federal and state judiciary) at this party in addition to several command level state police officers and a number of successful attorneys and everyone put on those silly goggles. I couldn't resist the picture. The room was quite dim so that the picture really pushed the camera into a noisy zone.

Mark
Yea and the Cardinals should have won. Maybe I should send these guys my appeal on the referee's calls. Also the non calls too.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Is it just me or does the M8 suddenly feel like "last year's model". Musn't let this thread fade away, even if it means struggling for something to post. Some old snow in January.

charlesphoto

About as fun as it gets with an M8:

Felix Mars Peterson, born 1/29/09, six pounds even, 19 inches tall.

M8, 28 cron (cropped slightly).

helenhill

No we Don't want the Magic of the m8 to fade away
& certainly NOT last years model ...its still a gem!!
Nice Desolate Feel in your shot , Tim/TRSmith
coincides with January blues :ROTFL:
I was actually thinking of getting an M8 recently from Robert White/UK
Great Deals but I'm too nervous w/spending the Money ...my work is getting slower & slower
but hopefully by spring or summer Life will take a more Pleasant turn

CONGRATS Charles...
What a Handsome Little Man Felix is
and a Fellow Aquarian :angel:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Congratulations Charles! Felix is a great name and indicates one who is happy, lucky, and fortunate. He certainly looks the part. :clap:

p.s. thanks Helen!

charlesphoto

Thanks all! Funny thing is, my M8 had been back for warranty work and I decided I should have a second one around so I bought Terry's black one she was selling on here. It arrived about an hour before my wife went into labor!

Anyway, Felix is happy and thriving and very used to the sound of camera clicks by now.:D

Terry

Thanks all! Funny thing is, my M8 had been back for warranty work and I decided I should have a second one around so I bought Terry's black one she was selling on here. It arrived about an hour before my wife went into labor!

Anyway, Felix is happy and thriving and very used to the sound of camera clicks by now.:D
Glad I could be of service :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Now it all "clicks" into place why you were really wanting the camera by the middle of the week!!!!

Congratulations again....:eek:

ecliffordsmith

Tim,

A good initiative regarding keeping this thread going. Here is my democratic offering. One colour, one black and white.

cam

oh, that is wonderful!!!

i think you did good to get the black. the chrome might have hurt his tiny eyes. when your other one comes back, i think it will be his favourite new bright and shiny toy. and the leather strap make excellent teething fodder (as i've found out from various puppies).

who needs a rattle from Tiffany?

congrats!

K

kipkeston

I've been really pleased with the M8's b/w images. Very clean and sharp with nice tonality

very nice colors too I think

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Ed, I really like the color, keep 'em coming.

Kipkeston, very nice. The M8 seems to handle the subtle little details better than most others.

jonoslack

Charles
BIG CONGRATULATIONS and Felix Mars is a wonderful name
all the best to the three of you.

Tim
I don't think the magic of the M8 is waning at all - if you go to dpreview (not generally recommended) there are a bunch of photographers who have just bought them - I'm certainly using mine a lot.

Ed
Great Shots - I love the wall.

Terry
Has your m8.2 come yet . . . .and will you have two of 'em!

This one isn't so new - it was the last day smoking was allowed in pubs in the UK, but it came to my attention again yesterday, and I'm still proud of it!

K

kipkeston

Ed, I really like the color, keep 'em coming.

Kipkeston, very nice. The M8 seems to handle the subtle little details better than most others.
thanks! here's one more color photo with a 35mm summicron made in the 80s

and my 35mm summicron made in I think 1970 or so

ecliffordsmith

Tim,

Thanks for the encouragement. The weather should be nice here this weekend so I will try and create some imore mages.

Kip,

Very nice images, and welcome!

Jono,

Thanks!

I had missed that image you posted before. That is a cracker! Especially given the timing of it being shot.

jonoslack

Jono,

Thanks!

I had missed that image you posted before. That is a cracker! Especially given the timing of it being shot.
Thank you - here is another I like - shot in Bergen op Zoom in Holland, either with the Nocti, or the Zeiss sonnar (Nocti I think).

Looking for the Light