The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Loid, is she in law or in love or rathe both? It doesent look like the nuctilux boke although it is a grate photo and grate moment.
Daughter-in-law, but I prefer to consider her my daughter-in-love, so both, I suppose. Can't say why, or if the bokeh does or does not "look like" noctilux bokeh, it was taken with my Nocti. Could be the sharpening I do before posting to the web.

Here are a couple more from the same day. The Noctilux was the only lens I even had with me. By the way, both the groom and the photog in this first one are my sons:

Lloyd

Spiffing Lloyd - if she were my daughter in law I think I'd be a little in love as well! The consolation for having boys is that they bring home beautiful and delightful young women:toocool::bugeyes::angel::clap:
True, so true... and I didn't have to worry about a teenage daughter... some other poor bloke had to worry about his daughters dating my four sons!:D

gero

It is true what Jono sais about being in love.

It does look like noctilux, just stoped dow which is not very often and nice to see.

gero

True, so true... and I didn't have to worry about a teenage daughter... some other poor bloke had to worry about his daughters dating my four sons!:D
Hey, this is getting personal; I have 4 daughters.

jonoslack

You hit the nail on the head, I have to admit to inferiority in that we only have three sons, but they've still brought home some delightful and scantily clad beauties . . . . Poor Parents!

jonoslack

Hi there
Speaking of the Noctilux . . I shot a whole wedding with one. It wasn't the intention, but the 'official' photographer was pissed, and it was all I had.

Noctilux Wedding Link

Including son making best man speech

a friend:

and the bride and groom

Dammit - I really shouldn't have looked at these . . . now I

really really really really really

wish that I'd never sold it:cry::cry:

gero

this is a picture of my daughter at her weding. (with the noctilux)

Last edited:

Lloyd

Hi there
Speaking of the Noctilux . . I shot a whole wedding with one. It wasn't the intention, but the 'official' photographer was pissed, and it was all I had.

Noctilux Wedding Link

Including son making best man speech

a friend:

and the bride and groom

Dammit - I really shouldn't have looked at these . . . now I

really really really really really

wish that I'd never sold it:cry::cry:
Beautiful images... I'm actually thinking of selling mine, but now that I see these, and go back and look at those I took at my son's wedding... maybe not. :(

gero

and this is a picture of my daughter in law. [with the noctilux(that I still have)]:D

Last edited:

Lloyd

My recently married son, before we "cleaned him up" for the wedding.

With the CV 75/2.5 Color-Heliar (Yes... my own son.. with a Japanese lens!):rolleyes:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

All these handsome and beautiful people! Well done everyone. Lloyd, I especially like the shot of your pre-cleaned son. Strange resemblance to your avatar.

Now, this is off the reservation a bit. I was ruminating this morning about all the discussions of digital vs. film, grain/not grain, processing, etc. and ended up producing this little thing using Silver Efex's "Tintype" setting. I think this proves that an ugly lamp by any other name...

Lloyd

All these handsome and beautiful people! Well done everyone. Lloyd, I especially like the shot of your pre-cleaned son. Strange resemblance to your avatar.

Now, this is off the reservation a bit. I was ruminating this morning about all the discussions of digital vs. film, grain/not grain, processing, etc. and ended up producing this little thing using Silver Efex's "Tintype" setting. I think this proves that an ugly lamp by any other name...
I like that effect. I guess I'm going to have to breakdown and get Silver Efex.

Yes, he does bear some resemblance.. although I may have to change the Avatar as I shaved off the beard yesterday... jury is still out as to whether it will stay off... my wife's a fan, in fact, we had been married 8 years before she ever saw me without it. I have another son who actually looks more like me. Here's a sample shot:

gero

I like that combination of camera,lens, subject, iso and processing. The thing is that there are a lot of variables and the processing is the final touch or step so the more you can (and know what to) do in this final part is vety important but my idea is to know and be able to do a lot but do the least.