The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful photo, and I assumed there was a reason for the framing. Interesting also to see the original shot.

This is obviously one of the philosophical sides of photography: how long is a photographer able and/or willing to go to get a shot. It's so easy to sit in an armchair days or months later an regret or criticise, a photo taken under circumstances with an abundance of of limitations. On the other hand, getting around those limitations is often the decisive contribution to the process of making a great photo.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Oops, sorry, I haven't had much sleep this past few days, and I'm not as quick as I might be (not that I'm that quick ever:)). XC skier = Nordic Skier, as opposed to Alpine or Downhill skier.

Thanks much for the help with the replacement. And your criticism was/is appropriate and well taken. I think this forum must apply some sort of sharpening algorithm to the images, because those don't look quite as sharpened on my computer as they appear on the forum. I'm rethinking my processing as a result.
Only go 900 pixels at the widest point, anything wider and the software will create artifacts and crush it down to 900 pixels. I also suggest doing little sharpening for the web.

Lloyd

Only go 900 pixels at the widest point, anything wider and the software will create artifacts and crush it down to 900 pixels. I also suggest doing little sharpening for the web.
Thanks Guy. Will do. :thumbup:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

My pleasure , your images are wonderful and we want them to look great here on the site. Folks ever have any questions on this stuff , please just ask us.

jonoslack

900 pixels it is

This is Carn Euny (bronze age village in Cornwall)

and this is Emma (wife) with Dixie (dog - also approaching bronze age)

Lloyd

900 pixels it is

This is Carn Euny (bronze age village in Cornwall)

and this is Emma (wife) with Dixie (dog - also approaching bronze age)

Beautiful shots, Jono. (looking good at 900 pixels!:thumbup:) I have a feeling Emma would look good at any resolution! ;)

jonoslack

Beautiful shots, Jono. (looking good at 900 pixels!:thumbup:) I have a feeling Emma would look good at any resolution! ;)
Lloyd, I feel a kindred spirit . . . another old fool with a beautiful wife who still appreciates them.

Life is a mystery
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

If you believe this, I have a nice bridge I'll be happy to sell you. :eek:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Tim,
I already sold it, having lived on Adams St. in Brooklyn.
How are you going to sell it from Maine?
-bob

stevem8

One from today

Went to lunch with my Mom and Niece and snapped this one from acros the table with the 28 Elmarit at 2.8 and ISO 1250

stevem8

Thanks Lloyd. Shot RAW, converted with ACR and converted to BW with Color Efex Pro 3. Resized to 900 wide and thats it. NO NR was applied in ACR.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. Shot RAW, converted with ACR and converted to BW with Color Efex Pro 3. Resized to 900 wide and thats it. NO NR was applied in ACR.
Well, it works nicely. Gonna have to try that out. Thanks.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Bob, I heard you made that sale, well done! I was referring to the one on the left in this shot.

Tim,
I already sold it, having lived on Adams St. in Brooklyn.
How are you going to sell it from Maine?
-bob

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks Ed! That's Maggie after a swim. Headed into her 11th year and getting a little white in the face. I'm way too attached.