The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Lloyd,
I think I've said it before, but it's due for a repeat: your b&w portraits are fabulous.

Jono,
Great carrots and well spotted. Wish I had a car so I could stop it to take a photo like that ;)

Lloyd

You guys are killing me with these AWESOME shots, ALL of you! Jono, you are a master of B&W. Stunning images. Lloyd..your portraits are GREAT! Anyway, here is one from today. M8, 50 Lux, 1.4, ISO 1250

Portrait of a Gamer
Wow... Steve, this rocks!!! And at 1250 yet!! Very impressive. How did you process this (if I may ask trade secrets! :D)

stevem8

Hey Lloyd! All I did was resize, use silver efex for the B&W, then burned out the edges. Also adjusted levels. Did not do any noise reduction. I find 1250 pretty decent most of the time.

Here is another. Took this one a month ago but just now processed it. Silver efex again.

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd! All I did was resize, use silver efex for the B&W, then burned out the edges. Also adjusted levels. Did not do any noise reduction. I find 1250 pretty decent most of the time.

Here is another. Took this one a month ago but just now processed it. Silver efex again.
Wow. Stunning... truly.:bugeyes:

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Mike:

Sooo glad the whole family doesn't look like you!!! LOL

Best,

Reynolds

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

In the absence of any recent shots, I 've been playing around with some old stuff and looking at shots I've passed over before. Just a little fun from a warmer time.

Terry

TR

I'm glad you went back through the old stuff. This one is certainly worthy!!!

Lloyd

In the absence of any recent shots, I 've been playing around with some old stuff and looking at shots I've passed over before. Just a little fun from a warmer time.
Nice... dig out more!!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Mike:

Oh...he's Lloyd's son. Knew I was giving too much credit!!

R
ROTFLMAO!!!

Reynolds, you should post some images here. I always enjoy your unique perspective and creative post-processing.

Mike

woodyspedden

I am vacationing in Florida and ran across a unique situation. The Great Blue Heron shown in these photos has been coming to my friend's house since 1993. He eats Smelt that Harvey (my friend although the bird is also called Harvey) feeds him from his hand.

The bird probably weighs 40 lbs or so and is one of the largest Blues I have seen. Apparently these guys often live to over 50 years.

I was inside Harvey's house shooting through his double french doors, thus the dark shadow. Shot with an M8 with 35 Cron Asph IV

Enjoy

Woody

Lloyd

I am vacationing in Florida and ran across a unique situation. The Great Blue Heron shown in these photos has been coming to my friend's house since 1993. He eats Smelt that Harvey (my friend although the bird is also called Harvey) feeds him from his hand.

The bird probably weighs 40 lbs or so and is one of the largest Blues I have seen. Apparently these guys often live to over 50 years.

I was inside Harvey's house shooting through his double french doors, thus the dark shadow. Shot with an M8 with 35 Cron Asph IV

Enjoy

Woody
That is really amazing. Growing up I lived by a pond frequented in summer by a couple for Great Blues. I tried many times to get close enough for a picture with my Dad's IIIG, but never got near them.

BTW, Great shots too.

Last edited:
C

Cancelledreality

28 cron, I love this lens :)