The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

helenhill

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

LOVE it, John
and with that little jewel the Summaron

aside from alien skin...the Summaron has fabulous Contrast w/ darks & lights
:D

Lloyd

M8, 35/3.5 Summaron, Alien Skin Exposure

Texas Prairie Storm

M8 1938 5cm 1:3,5 uncoated Elmar and Alien Skin Exposure

The Unseen Town
Beautiful, contrasty, great conversion. Nice.

(That is a very tasty lens!)

woodyspedden

LOVE it, John
and with that little jewel the Summaron

aside from alien skin...the Summaron has fabulous Contrast w/ darks & lights
:D
Actually I would believe the summaron to be less contrasty than the modern day ASPH lenses in the same focal length. That is one of the reasons I love the 35pre asph, 50 pre asph (pry it from my cold dead hands) and the 85 Summarex. Not to take anything away from their aspheric counterparts but I just love the drawing of these old lenses and from F4 onward they are just razor sharp as well.

Woody

jaapv

Subscriber Member

Just walking the dogs at the foot of the dyke,, a snap of the sky, 90AA

S

sclamb

Jaap/Steve, two excellent landscapes. Steve, that front shot of the truck is excellent in tones and textures.

It's hard to keep up - you all post so much.

Simon

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Wow, this thread is flying! Some fantastic images on this page. Jono - yet another amazing sky! Steve - I love the B&W shots of the barn and the truck. Jaap - great sunset. John - I love the "Texas Prarie Storm" shot.

This thread is very inspiring - time to go out and shoot.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Ditto to eerything Mike just said!

I will also point out that this thread is reaching the magic 100 pages, so perhaps it's time to consider starting a Fun with the M8 #3?

Awesome work all!

stevem8

Well...only one shot from today - my nephew was here and man, I had a hard time shooting him with the M8. Always on the move, except for one brief second when he stared at the lens...

50 Lux, 1.4 - (my focus was a bit off)

Peter Klein

A bit of Paradise

I recently spent a bit over a week on Kauai (westernmost of the major Hawaiian islands). This is Kalalau Lookout, 4000 feet above the ocean. The clouds were moving in and out of the valley, sometimes completely obscuring the view. And sometimes... The color and B&W/Red-filtered versions are almost completely different pictures. What do you think?

M8, 28/3.5 VC Skopar.

Last edited:

Peter Klein

Kauai, People and Critters

At a Kauai farmer's market, plus the island's most common wild bird (I'm not kidding). 1-4 are M8 and 35 Summicron, the last with 50 Summicron.

Last edited:

Peter Klein

A few more from Kauai

A couple of more scenes from my recent trip. M8, first two with a 50 Summicron, the last shot, Waimea Canyon, with a 90/3.5 VC Lanthar.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Well...only one shot from today - my nephew was here and man, I had a hard time shooting him with the M8. Always on the move, except for one brief second when he stared at the lens...

50 Lux, 1.4 - (my focus was a bit off)

This is a beautiful portrait, Steve. I think your focus was just right... dreamlike shot. Great stuff.:salute: