The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

David, these are great. I love the colors you captured, and agree with Lloyd on the flag,
Thanks, Steve. I thought I would be shooting more B&W, but when I see these gorgeous three-dimensional colors come out of the camera, I don't have the heart to drain the colors. Might have to start pre-visualizing the images as B&W.

I'm still trying to get a sense of how far to push the ISO rating when shooting color. ISO 1250 seems iffy with color, but works very well with B&W. I'm also switching between Manual and Aperture Priority modes to see which is best for which situation. Lots to learn.

otumay

Lovely images, Simon. Which software did you use for the conversion?
Osman

K

kipkeston

I think I just used my M8 today for a photo not normally associated with leica photos...

Lloyd

Folks:

The Cherry Blossoms today...rain and wind tomorrow.
Beautiful images, Reynolds. All are great, but I particularly like that second one.

(Almost enough to make me homesick for the DC area... Almost. ;))

John Black

50 'Lux ASPH -

75 'Lux. My wife doesn't like this picture (it's her father & sister), but I like the juxtaposition. Though, without knowing that there is a relationship between the two people, the image doesn't make much sense...

Lloyd

50 'Lux ASPH -

75 'Lux. My wife doesn't like this picture (it's her father & sister), but I like the juxtaposition. Though, without knowing that there is a relationship between the two people, the image doesn't make much sense...

Very nice... and the explanation helps.

S

sclamb

First pic with Super-Elmar 18mm f/3.8

Can't get out an about today so shot this down the road. Still, this is a very sharp lens and I am really pleased with it. I think it will be fun to use, and I can't wait to get out with it.

and in B&W.

Simon

Lloyd

Re: First pic with Super-Elmar 18mm f/3.8

Can't get out an about today so shot this down the road. Still, this is a very sharp lens and I am really pleased with it. I think it will be fun to use, and I can't wait to get out with it.

and in B&W.

Simon
Those are impressively sharp. I'm certainly coveting this new lens. Can't wait to see more.:thumbup:

S

sclamb

Helen Hill's recent Architecture images inspired me. These are not a shadow of her's, and different for me, but fun to do.

CV 15/4.5 Superwide:
View attachment 14343

View attachment 14344
Lloyd

Not sure why your pictures do not get added into a quoted response, but as you can see above, they appear as .

However, I love that last picture of the staircase. Lots of angles and curves going on in that one. Very nice.

Simon