The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Terry

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Lloyd,
The 75 heliar is an awesome lens. Not sure why I bought a 75 cron but I can't bring myself to sell the heliar.....so perhaps one of these days the cron will have to go.

Lloyd

Lloyd,
The 75 heliar is an awesome lens. Not sure why I bought a 75 cron but I can't bring myself to sell the heliar.....so perhaps one of these days the cron will have to go.
It certainly has exceeded my expectations. I had planned to buy the 75 Cron, but now see no reason. And what a bargain, eh?:thumbup:

ElvisKennedy

Lloyd,
If you ever decide to sell that 75 'cron let me know. I'm looking for one. Thanks!

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...

I had a 75 Heliar for my R-D1 and for the M8 decided to bypass the 'Cron since the Heliar did such a good job and go with the 75 'Lux.

Riccis

Thanks Stuart... I actually shot it at ISO 640 but it was too clean for my taste and I added the grain as part of the PP...

BTW, the Super Elmar 18 is a fun little lens... I am glad I decided to give it a try since I never touch anything slower than a Summilux :D

Oh, and I don't have a viewfinder either.

Cheers,

DavidE

More fun with trees and clouds. Used an Infrared preset in Lightroom to lighten the foliage.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

DavidE

Two more street shots -- the first from Beverly Hills, the second from Hollywood. Both processed with Silver Efex Pro.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

I have had too much work to enable the follow up of this thread of late but it is lovely to see what you have all been up to. These new Leica lenses are looking pretty dangerous to me!

Things should slacken off a bit for me now and I have a weeks holiday to look forward to so I will be back contributing soon.

I trust you are all well!

Lloyd

From a Senior Portrait shoot with my niece. M8, CV 75/2.5:

DavidE

That's an excellent portrait, Lloyd. The lighting is especially good in this one with the variations of light and shadow across her face.

stevem8

Hey Lloyd. It appears you have a magic M8. The color you get out of yours is always soooo nice. What did you do for the WB on that portrait? Perfect light, color and detail.

Steve

stevem8

Just a few shots from today while enjoying the day..

It was so nice today so I took a short walk with the M8 and 50 Lux. Nothing special, just the usual Tulip, Weed and Bird.

thanks!

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd. It appears you have a magic M8. The color you get out of yours is always soooo nice. What did you do for the WB on that portrait? Perfect light, color and detail.

Steve
Wow, thanks Steve. That shot was made with Auto WB, and I didn't change it at all in post. Magic or lucky, I guess. ;)

Lloyd

Re: Just a few shots from today while enjoying the day..

It was so nice today so I took a short walk with the M8 and 50 Lux. Nothing special, just the usual Tulip, Weed and Bird.

thanks!
Sorry to have to say this, Steve, but there is NOTHING "usual" about those. Nothing! And the bokeh on those top two... now that's magic!!:bugeyes: