The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

There are been some wonderful photos this week. I'm catching up as I was in Las Vegas attending the NAB tradeshow.

Here's a shot from the flight back using the new 18mm super-elmar.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

DavidE

Two shots from the Adventuredome at Circus Circus in Las Vegas. Both were shot with the 18mm super-elmar.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

stevem8

Great shots arrive here daily it seems. Here is one from me from today...

Got this shot today of an old Funeral Home that closed down a couple of years ago. It was about 7 in the evening and the light looked kind of spooky so I snapped. After a B&W conversion and some PS work this is what I ended up with. The original out of camera shot was pretty contrasty already.

The locals say its haunted.

Lloyd

Great shots arrive here daily it seems. Here is one from me from today...

Got this shot today of an old Funeral Home that closed down a couple of years ago. It was about 7 in the evening and the light looked kind of spooky so I snapped. After a B&W conversion and some PS work this is what I ended up with. The original out of camera shot was pretty contrasty already.

The locals say its haunted.

Nice work, Steve. I sure wouldn't want to spend the night there. :shocked:

Lloyd

Two shots from the Adventuredome at Circus Circus in Las Vegas. Both were shot with the 18mm super-elmar.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
You guys gotta stop this!!! Many more of these images with the 18 and gonna be out some more $$$. Give a guy a break, will ya. ;)

Lloyd

There are been some wonderful photos this week. I'm catching up as I was in Las Vegas attending the NAB tradeshow.

Here's a shot from the flight back using the new 18mm super-elmar.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]
Holy Schnikes!!! :bugeyes: That is flat amazing. LOVE it. Nice work, David.

been awhile since I was here. recently sold a 50 lux asph, only to replace it with a chrome version courtesy of Popflash last week. It's spring. finally, so I'll join in on the tulip theme. best...Peter

Lloyd

been awhile since I was here. recently sold a 50 lux asph, only to replace it with a chrome version courtesy of Popflash last week. It's spring. finally, so I'll join in on the tulip theme. best...Peter
Very nice... welcome back!!:thumbup:

Terry

Here's a shot from the flight back using the new 18mm super-elmar
Wow!!!!

Terry

Here's a shot from the flight back using the new 18mm super-elmar
Wow!!!!

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd and Terry. I jumped the gun and pulled the camera out before the flight attendant announced it was OK to use electronic devices. I figured if I was spotted they might assume the M8 was a film camera.

Here's another shot related to a vehicle in motion. I could hear and feel the roller coaster as it approached behind me. The continuous mode was a big help. Shot with the 18mm at 1/20 of a second. The camera was positioned on a fence post.

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd and Terry. I jumped the gun and pulled the camera out before the flight attendant announced it was OK to use electronic devices. I figured if I was spotted they might assume the M8 was a film camera.

Here's another shot related to a vehicle in motion. I could hear and feel the roller coaster as it approached behind me. The continuous mode was a big help. Shot with the 18mm.

Another winner David. Leica should send you a bonus for all the 18mm lenses you're going to sell for them.:thumbup:

stevem8

man...I have wanted this 18 since it was announced. It will be my next lens in a few months. Great shots.

endre novak

Here's another shot related to a vehicle in motion. I could hear and feel the roller coaster as it approached behind me. The continuous mode was a big help. Shot with the 18mm at 1/20 of a second. The camera was positioned on a fence post.

superb result.
compliments.

DavidE

Here's another plane view that was shot just a few seconds before the other one. Landscape perspective this time, rather than portrait. I tried to match the processing so they could work as a pair.

I noticed when we were taking off that the window has very few scratches.

S

sclamb

On the trip to see my parents this weekend I only took the Super-Elmar 18mm f/3.8 so I used that to take my usual few pictures of my parents. Sadly my mother's dementia is much worse and my 97 year-old father is quite frail (albeit mentally all there) so I always try to get a few pictures each weekend when I visit.

Simon

DavidE

Those are wonderful images, Simon, as is the entire series of your parents. You're fortunate to have a chance to photograph them so late in their lives with a top-notch camera and lenses.

The 18mm works especially well here with none of the distorted perspective you might expect from a wide-angle lens. I also like that the images skew more toward the light- than the dark-end of the b&w spectrum.